ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Own your identity

(1/2) > >>

justice:
Nail. Head.
But all of these proprietary networks that want to own and hold in your content are reversing much of the web’s progress in some other areas, such as the durability and quality of online identity.

If you care about your online presence, you must own it. I do, and that’s why my email address has always been at my own domain, not the domain of any employer or webmail service.

--- End quote ---
from http://www.marco.org/2011/07/11/own-your-identity

justice:
I would add to this, own your content. If you write interesting stuff on forums, also add it to a blog or something that's running on your domain.

Renegade:
+1

Unfortunately, I have multiple domains... Does that make me schizophrenic, or do I have MPID (Multiple Personality Internet Disorder)? :)

justice:
Yesterday I finally took my own advice and moved my primary email from @gmail.com to my own domain. This will make it a lot easier to move to another mail service in the future.

If you wait until you're forced to migrate, chances are friends will send email to the old address for some time.

Renegade:
Congrats! :D  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version