ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Grid Layout software? Does it exist?

<< < (3/3)

Ath:
Guys!  Check this out!
http://balsamiq.com/products/mockups

It's pretty amazing.  You can essentially create a mock application quite easily.  This might be very important for me.  I always have software ideas, but not being a programmer, it's difficult for me to accurately explain my vision.  This would be awesome for that.  I'm probably going to use it for coding snack ideas...
-superboyac (July 28, 2011, 05:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

This was one of the USP's of Delphi, back in the days. Throw together a UI working with the 'customer', add some (semi)working code, and give a nice demo.

And now MS is doing it 'all over again' with Visual Studio Lightswitch, it seems

wraith808:
This was one of the USP's of Delphi, back in the days. Throw together a UI working with the 'customer', add some (semi)working code, and give a nice demo.
-Ath (July 29, 2011, 05:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

As a former delphi coder and advocate even, I'd have to disagree.  Though you could throw things together with little code, you did need it.

This is more like FoxPro or PowerBuilder's territory it seems to me.  And Lightswitch seems an extension of the capabilities of Expression Blend.

Target:
Guys!  Check this out!
http://balsamiq.com/products/mockups

It's pretty amazing.  You can essentially create a mock application quite easily.  This might be very important for me.  I always have software ideas, but not being a programmer, it's difficult for me to accurately explain my vision.  This would be awesome for that.  I'm probably going to use it for coding snack ideas...
-superboyac (July 28, 2011, 05:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

saw this today and thought it may be of interest - Wireframe Sketcher

probably not that different to Balsamiq's offering, but they offer a standalone version which may be preferable

and if you're wanting to do mockups you could also try Smart Gui Creator (comes with AHK) or even the form build in VBA (if you're an MS Office user).  Both of these are WYSIWYG

dspelley:
Here's a list at Specky Boy from about a year and a half ago.  Looks like most of them are online apps, but Denim is a desktop app and looks interesting.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version