ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Never show the tray symbol?

(1/2) > >>

highend01:
Hi,

I'm wondering if there isn't any option to never display the farr icon in the tray notification area?

I've already checked "Do not show icon in system tray when minimized" but it still appears when
farr is invoked by a keyboard shortcut.

mouser:
Can you elaborate a little more about what happens when you check that option?  There is also an option in "Windows Options" tab about showing farr on taskbar that you might try.

highend01:
What I want to achieve: Never show a task bar entry _nor a tray notification entry_ for FARR no matter if the gui is on the screen (waiting for a command to enter) or minimized (FARR's gui is not visible).

"Do not show icon in system tray when minimized" is nice but I'd like to have an additional option "Do not show icon in system tray when _not_ minimized" which (if both are checked) would cause FARR's icon to _never_ appear, regardless of it's state (gui's visible or not).

mouser:
try disabling that option in "Windows Options" tab about showing farr on taskbar.. when you combine that with they hide tray icon i think it should do what you want, though you may have to restart farr.

if not, let me know what OS you are using.

highend01:
Program Options - Settings - Window Options - Show on TaskBar when active = disabled (not checked)
Program Options - Settings - Advanced Visuals - Do not show icon in system tray when minimized = enabled (checked)

This is my current configuration.

I have no task bar entry (never) but the tray notification icon appears every time I invoke FARR and stays there as long FARR is active (waiting for a search input). If I hit Esc, or close the gui with the little x, the tray notification icon vanishes.

I'm on Windows 7 Ultimate, x64, german language.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version