ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Can I alter an exe's File Description?

(1/3) > >>

Curt:
AnyPhoto.jpg > mouse right-click > Open With... > "3D Image Commander a full-featured software that allows you to create advanced thumbnails with cool 3D styles and effects. Protect your copyrights with a copyright notice. Add text comments to any image. Create images with effects like 3D perspective, 3D"

-I am tired of this enormous waste of space; When I right-click a picture, I really don't want the list of editors to be just as wide as the monitor! Any way I can alter this exe's File Description, please?
 :tellme:
----------------
> Open With... >:

Can I alter an exe's File Description?

cranioscopical:

Which OS?

This article at www.annoyances.org/exec/show/article02-500 (click here) might help.

nosh:
Curt, look for the string in your registry under:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER-Software-Microsoft-Windows-ShellNoRoam-MUICache

Edit: Apparently, the path is different starting from Vista.
Nirsoft to the rescue: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/muicache_view.html

J-Mac:
nosh,

On my Windows 7 machine that registry key only has two entries for DOpus - nothing else. I think there must be another key that holds that info. Though I normally use the file extensions list in DOpus to change the names of file associations - that drives me nuts too Curt!!

Jim

Yikes! That edit wasn’t there in your post when I first typed my post, nosh! I started the post, then searched my registry, then finished the post and you had already answered me - talk about efficiency!!

nosh:
Yep, have updated my post.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version