ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Best Music Service

Napster not good for casual music purchasers.

<< < (2/2)

mouser:
i definitely think a new shootout is in order soon, since the first one is a year old.

your points are well taken and have been raised by others, and i think really that there are probably two very different audiences who would like 2 very different answers.

for me,
i get the most fun from exploring music and downloading a lot to listen to for a short time.  and maybe burn some to cd for permanence.

so for me, what i like most is unlimited downloads for small monthly fee.  and the drm stuff doesnt bother me too much since ill just burn it to cd if i want it forever.

but a lot of people go more for downloading the songs they already know they want to own - in which case these "rent-like" drm models are totally unacceptable.

chaplin7:
Napster music could be converted to unprotected mp3-s by

[edit: we're trying to cut down on posts that could be considered spam - especially if it's of questionable legality.. not saying this was spam just saying we're removing it for now.]

Deozaan:
I recently read that the latest version of Napster is free and lets you listen to every song the whole way through nine times. No more 30 second previews.

Cool, but AllTunes.com is all I need now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version