ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

In search of ... Windows registry hack to display boot progress

<< < (3/3)

MerleOne:
Maybe you could try the new StartupDelayer, from R2 studios, where you can delay one application after another and see when the issue arises.  But you would need a reboot for each tested configuration.

40hz:
You could also run Windows Startup with the bootlogging option enabled. If there's a problem, the generated log file may allow you to identify what is causing the problem. Usually it's a driver issue when it does catch something.

Using a startup delayer type utility can also help. I had similar problems on a machine that was using COMODO's firewall. It's startup kept banging into something else's startup. Once I set COMODO to delay loading for two minutes the problem went away.

I eventually traced the problem to an ATI graphics utility which I removed since I never used it.

Luck! :Thmbsup:

J-Mac:
Thanks all. I have used Chameleon Startup Manager for a few years and do have most of my startup programs staggered. Also whiel I haven't used the bootlogger I have tried to catch something with Process Monitor but nothing shows up that suggests why it does this. Lots of little stuff but a lot of other folks see the same little stuff without any noticeable problems. I still tend to think it is an nVidia thing, since they have been the cause of so many headaches with this machine.

Thanks!

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version