ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Monitor Choices -- Go For Touch Screen?

(1/3) > >>

Renegade:
I'm thinking about a new monitor as my wife took 1 of them.

My first thought was another portrait monitor. Then I saw USB monitors... Then I thought about going for a touch screen monitor.

I've seen some cheap POS (point of sale) touch screen monitors and the like, and figured it might be handy to get a smaller one (probably 17") to basically play with.

Some are under $200 here, so probably under $150 in the US, and many under $300.

Has anyone tried a touch screen for regular, normal computing? Or any special non-POS and non-kiosk purpose?

I'd be interested to hear any thoughts from people.

scancode:
I have an ELO 1715L (IntelliTouch) at work, and a convertible netbook (NL1).
Both have resistive touchscreens, and to be honest, I'm using either a mouse or a graphics tablet 99.9% of the time.
Yes, touchscreens are fun... for the first 3 minutes. Then the novelty wears off.

Ath:
Pardon the plug, but I'd like to suggest using WinButtons, originally developed for use with a touch-screen  :)

Renegade:
@scancode - Discouraging, but...

Pardon the plug, but I'd like to suggest using WinButtons, originally developed for use with a touch-screen  :)
-Ath (July 08, 2011, 08:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

Encouraging... :)

Anyone else with input?  :tellme:

cranioscopical:
Anyone else with input?
-Renegade (July 08, 2011, 10:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

Don't you need a touch screen for that?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page