ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

"We're Alive" - Online Radio Show Drama

(1/7) > >>

mouser:
From Drake's Games, one of my favorite board game review sites, comes this recommendation about a very cool and scary online indie radio show about a zombie apocalypse.  You can listen to all episode online.

I downloaded the first couple episodes and gave it a spin on the way to work. And then I was hooked.  It turns out, We're Alive is just freaking brilliant. The story takes about two minutes before it grabs you by your nostrils and forces you to listen to every word. The characters are believable, the story is intense, and the acting is... well, OK, the acting often blows.

--- End quote ---

http://drakesflames.blogspot.com/2011/07/podcast-review-were-alive.html

Direct link to show: http://www.zombiepodcast.com/The_Zombie_Podcast/WereAliveEpisodes.html

allen:
I've been listening to this since it came out. . . my only complaint is that the next episode isn't out yet. It's fantastic.

Deozaan:
It's great but the acting is terrible? How is that possible?

allen:
You think the acting is terrible? I guess it didn't seem so to me. It's not as hyper-real as in Hollywood, per se -- but neither is stage acting. Their voices can be a bit over the top, but that's necessary for you to keep the characters straight since you don't have any visual queues to go on and are dealing with a sizable cast.

Deozaan:
You think the acting is terrible?-allen (July 08, 2011, 07:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

I don't. I haven't listened to it yet because of the review that mouser posted (emphasis added):

The characters are believable, the story is intense, and the acting is... well, OK, the acting often blows.

--- End quote ---

When I read that I thought it sounded really terrible and I didn't want to give it a try.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version