ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

"We're Alive" - Online Radio Show Drama

<< < (3/7) > >>

40hz:
Horror movies don't scare me, no matter what. Real life is scary, horror movies aren't.
-app103 (July 10, 2011, 12:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

I agree. I watch the live feeds from the Senate and House of Representatives when I really want to get scared into a sleepless night.  ;D

40hz:
If you like We're Alive, check out the indy film Pontypool.

It's low budget, takes place all on one set (a second string small town radio station), in one day - and it's actually one of the more believable and chilling treatments of the zombie theme ever made. (Watch trailer here.)Maybe it doesn't have the lovely Milla Jovovich or the production budget of her Resident Evil franchise to fall back on. But the terrific dialog, minimalist staging, and competent cast generates a quietly chilling (and believable) atmospheric horror experience that makes it well worth watching. Blows the doors off movies with magnitudes larger budgets. Highly recommended.

Get it from NetFlix! EDIT: Not any more. See below. :Thmbsup:

J-Mac:
40hz,

Have you seen the Zombie Apocalypse page at the Centers for Disease Control web site? Everyone's getting in on the act!

http://www.bt.cdc.gov/socialmedia/zombies_blog.asp

Jim

J-Mac:
If you like We're Alive, check out the indy film Pontypool.

It's low budget, takes place all on one set (a second string small town radio station), in one day - and it's actually one of the more believable and chilling treatments of the zombie theme ever made. (Watch trailer here.)Maybe it doesn't have the lovely Milla Jovovich or the production budget of her Resident Evil franchise to fall back on. But the terrific dialog, minimalist staging, and competent cast generates a quietly chilling (and believable) atmospheric horror experience that makes it well worth watching. Blows the doors off movies with magnitudes larger budgets. Highly recommended.

Get it from NetFlix! :Thmbsup:

-40hz (July 10, 2011, 12:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

Huh. Netflix says, "Not Available". 88 member reviews there so it appears that it was once available, but apparently not anymore.   :(

Jim

40hz:
40hz,

Have you seen the Zombie Apocalypse page at the Centers for Disease Control web site? Everyone's getting in on the act!

http://www.bt.cdc.gov/socialmedia/zombies_blog.asp

Jim
-J-Mac (July 10, 2011, 01:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes I did. :Thmbsup: Zombie-fanatic friend showed it to me, knowing how much I adore the genre. ;D

Just one more example of "your tax dollars at work" AFAIC.

Now if they could maybe buckle down a bit more and do something like...oh I dunno...maybe come up with a vaccine for caries? Especially since the medical industry doesn't seem to want to do it because they can garner much more "collateral revenue" treating the symptoms of that little monster rather than by slaying it.

:-\ 8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version