topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 2:15 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Stage Play  (Read 3618 times)

CodeTRUCKER

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Stage Play
« on: December 01, 2011, 03:09 PM »
In lieu of doing a NANY app this year, I am writing a stage play ("A Sweet Christmas Tragedy") which will be performed Dec. 24th.  Nothing big (script is only about 150-180 pages), just an offering to the retirement community where my Mom lives.  A good many of them have nowhere else to go on Christmas, so we thought we would bring something to them.  If anyone is interested in reading the script, PM me and I will send a link when it is completed.  I am using CELTX to write the scripts, storyboards, etc.

Anyone else a playwright?

Stoic Joker

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Stage Play
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 03:36 PM »
Hay man, how you been? Ain't seen you in a while.

CodeTRUCKER

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 03:47 PM »
Hi, SJ,

It's been a rough ride, but I'm not defeated nor down.  I'm just having to restart all the things I used to be into.  :)

Stoic Joker

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 03:54 PM »
So you're getting back to normal-ish, this is good. I've been thinking about you a bit lately and was trying to find the time to put together an email...

Glad to see you back!

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2011, 06:18 PM »
@CT - like Stoic says: Glad to see you back!

re: Play

Love to read it if you don't mind. Always interested in whatever creative endeavors a fellow DCer gets up to. Probably the main reason why I like this place so much. We're all computer/software geeks, it's true. But we're also so much more than that. Makes for some interesting conversations and debates!

I also use Celtx btw. I have to give them credit, this last iteration really did the trick. Maybe it's not quite up to FinalDraft in a few places yet. But it's so close that it doesn't really matter. It's a completely functional and usable script writing tool. I find I prefer it to most other alternatives.
 :)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 06:32 PM by 40hz »

kyrathaba

• N.A.N.Y. Organizer
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2011, 10:49 AM »
Nice to hear from you, CodeTRUCKER!  Congratulations on the play!  That must have been quite an undertaking!