Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site April 20, 2014, 03:18:55 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Check out and download the GOE 2007 Freeware Challenge productivity tools.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Reminder Bear - Single Use Bookmarks  (Read 2380 times)
justice
Supporting Member

Solve issues simply.

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: July 05, 2011, 04:52:56 AM »

I love this webservice.  Kiss You know you sometimes want to revisit a page in a while to see what's changed or if something has been added to a discussion? Maybe you're waiting for a beta to open or you have posted to a forum that doesn't have topic notification (or it is a regular website). Simply click the reminder bear bookmark and customize when you want to get an email reminding you off the page. It's like a disposable bookmark, and lets you get on with more important things. I find it very liberating, try it out yourself.

Reminder Bear is a service that lets you create single-use bookmarks. Save a page with the bookmarklet, and Reminder Bear will email it to you a week later.

Or you can easily customize your reminder time using the overlay panel.

from HackerNews

40hz
Supporting Member

A'Tuin

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2011, 06:24:45 AM »

I could see a real use for something like this. Thx for sharing. Thmbsup

(justice has a new avatar! Woo-hoo! smiley )

Don't you see? It's turtles all the way down!
Deozaan
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 12:09:33 AM »

Remind me to check out Reminder Bear next week. Wink

wraith808
Supporting Member

"In my dreams, I always do it right."

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2011, 01:52:33 PM »

Hmm... I use Read It Later for this... I wonder if the e-mailing aspect would work better than the check-list aspect...

justice
Supporting Member

Solve issues simply.

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2011, 03:50:28 AM »

Well I use both Instapaper for reading articles later and Pinboard has a read later bookmarks section (which I use mainly for videos) - both of which work best when you have decided you have time to spare.

Where Reminder Bear and Changedetection.com come in is to remind you to check out something (have you considered buying these fancy headphones on amazon but wanted to wait a few days to see if you still wanted it then) or as soon as things have changed in case of changedetection.

I have used Reminder Bear to check back for answers on certain Stack Exchabge sites I don't visit otherwise and also on forums that I wanted to follow a discussion but not become a member. So if you don't mind using another tool there's definately a niche for people.

Hope this clarifies things smiley

Deozaan
Charter Member

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 12:30:08 PM »

Hmm... I use Read It Later for this... I wonder if the e-mailing aspect would work better than the check-list aspect...

Kinda off topic, but Read It Later Pro for Android is free on today's Amazon Android AppStore Giveaway of the Day or whatever it's called.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.029s | Server load: 0.01 ]