topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 3:24 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: My First Aussie Gig =D  (Read 4079 times)

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Tell me something you don't know...
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
My First Aussie Gig =D
« on: July 03, 2011, 04:38 PM »
Well, I managed to get a gig here in Australia. Should be interesting. I'm not exactly sure how things get done here, but we'll find out soon enough! :)

Details are kind of sketchy, but I'll find out this morning when I go in. Hahahah~! I think I know what they're looking for, but we'll see. I generally like to go in 150% prepared, so this will be sort of different in more ways than 1.

My wife is happy, because it means that I'll be getting dressed civilly instead of my "around the house work clothes". :) Which, other than those, I have only my good suits, which I LOVE. I simply tell my tailor whenever I go in, "I need three suits, and I want to be the best dressed person in the room. Show me what I should get." He never disappoints. :)
Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: My First Aussie Gig =D
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 10:00 AM »
Congratulations on the job!  :up:

iphigenie

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 09:47 AM »
you sound a lot like my husband - he has suits, shirts and ties of the highest quality - and then stuff I'm embarrassed if he goes out of the house in, and almost nothing in between  :-\

edit: ok I exagerate - after my dad's death we did keep some of his casual clothes so now there are a few options in between.

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Tell me something you don't know...
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 10:17 AM »
Well, end of the week. I've learned a few things about how things are done "down under".

I had some false starts as the project manager wasn't in until Thursday (out sick), and what was related to me wasn't quite accurate. Close, but not quite.

It's fun being in a office again though. Probably one of the weirdest things has been speaking purely in English~! :) I've never done that before. I ended up stuttering and pausing trying to figure out what I wanted to say a couple times!

@iphigenie -- I can completely understand your husband -- there's nothing like knowing when you walk into a room, if there is anyone as well dressed, then you'll be surprised. :)

A close friend of mine turned me onto French cuffs... Man... I'll never look back! They're just slick!

However, I know that when we're in the same room, there's competition~! :P  ;D
Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker

Dormouse

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2011, 11:10 AM »
I simply tell my tailor whenever I go in, "I need three suits, and I want to be the best dressed person in the room. Show me what I should get." He never disappoints. :)

If you're in three suits you'll certainly be the most dressed person in the room. ;D

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2011, 01:49 PM »
you'll certainly be the most dressed

;D ;D ;D

Stoic Joker

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2011, 03:45 PM »
Hell, I haven't been in a suite since my wedding 20 years ago. Only had a tie on probably three time since then. I hate dressing up ... But I like freaking people out ... cause they never expect me to know what I do when they see me (until it's to late (hehe)).