ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: App that keeps track of money you find

<< < (7/10) > >>

Nutty:
Why does Suzie B. get a special designation?  What about the non-"silver-dollar" modern dollar coins, i.e.,  Sacagawea and the new Presidential ones?

What about a "custom" type for, e.g, foreign currency?

Additional designations might be nice.  This could be a simple "more info" text box, or...

The app could have tags to catalog rare coins.  I'm no expert, but after looking through a few Wikipedia entries, these would be good designations:

* year
* mint marks [mostly just P or D nowadays, but for completeness: (P)hiladelphia, (D)enver [or (D)ahlonega for some gold coins minted between 1838-1861], (S)an Francisco, (W)est Point, (C)harlotte, (CC) Carson City, (O) New Orleans, and (M)anila]
* quality: e.g., FDC, BU, UNC, EF, VF, F, fair, poor (though maybe it ought to be a simple text box as people apparently use prefixes, like A for "about" or VN for "very nearly," or G for "good")

* variation (for other designations, etc.) [simple text box]
* state represented (for 1999-2008 quarters)
* territory represented (for 2009 quarters)
* national site represented (for 2010-2021 quarters)
* Westward Journey design (for 2004-2005 nickels)
* president represented (for 2007-present Presidential dollars)
* Native American theme represented (for 2009-present Sacagawea dollars)
These can be searchable criteria, but you could also add a set of algorithms to determine the variety of the coin if the year tag exists, e.g, the bicentennial quarters and half-dollars (if the year is 1975-1976), or the different types of pennies: wheat pennies (1909-1958), Lincoln memorial (1959-2008), Lincoln bicentennial (2009), Union shield (2010-present), etc.

...Just "don't take any wooden nickels."

kyrathaba:
Thanks for the ideas, Nutty.  I've made note of them.

No special reason why Susan B. Anthony dollars get their own designation.  Just the way I chose to do it.

...Just "don't take any wooden nickels."
--- End quote ---

Sage advice :D

kyrathaba:
I hope to be able to finish the query-records feature this coming weekend (fingers crossed). This will constitute a major update (v1.0.1.*), at which point I think the app will be slick enough to release to the public).

kyrathaba:
Version 1.0.1.0 is released.

This version adds greater ease of use to the program, in that editing a record can now be achieved either from the main menu or by selecting a record from a listbox of records:

Still to come: smart-querying of records.

kyrathaba:
I also plan to impement:

* compressed backup of record files

* statistics for ranges of records (mean, mode, median, etc)
Possibly graphs of data (if I can find a free .NET control)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version