ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Google+

(1/48) > >>

Mark0:
Will be the right time for Google's take on social web?

The Google+ Project - Learn more

The Official Google Blog - Introducing the Google+ project: Real-life sharing, rethought for the web

Something seems done really well, like the Circles metaphora to categorize people in different groups - something that Facebook just don't do (right).

BTW, if anyone have an invitation to spare...  :Thmbsup:

JavaJones:
Personally I think this looks really promising. As close to what *I* have wanted social networking to be as I've seen yet (at least judging from info available so far). The "Circles" thing (friend groups) is particularly nice-looking, and a killer must-have feature for me. Facebook's current implementation of this is *sorely* lacking IMO (I've tried to use it but it did lots of things I didn't want). The other features also look pretty cool, combining interesting aspects of lots of other services. Here's hoping it takes off (and that I get an invite soon!).

- Oshyan

40hz:
Sparks and Circles looks very interesting.

My only problem is I'm very much divided on how much more I'm willing to let Google know about me (and my friends) than it already does.

However, that's how I feel about social media sites in general. So there's nothing specific to Google in my concern about this...

Gonna really need to think about this one. :huh:

rgdot:
Looks promising and it seems a much more low key launch than Wave which says a lot too

Renegade:
Interesting. Looks very useful. I'm not sure if they'll be able to get the kind of traction needed though. Facebook seems to be the 800 lb gorilla.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version