ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Google+

<< < (34/48) > >>

Renegade:
I'm finding the Google+ UI somewhat rough. I tried to add my cousin as he's already on, but I could only invite him using his email address. It needs a bit more polish.

nosh:
@40hz, you're most welcome to. I did feel a little icky about the "in-your-face" part though, probably would have put it differently if I'd been more thoughtful. :) "Less-omnipresent"?  ;D

rgdot:
The uprooting thing has been achieved before, facebook itself took on MySpace and killed it and added generations of its own users. Others have existed too.
Friendster was big for a while and I would argue - and this is something nobody mentions - that 'per capita' internet users friendster wasn't much smaller than facebook is today (if that makes sense. May be Orkut too, etc.)

zridling:
I have a brother serving life in prison, and through me he keeps in touch with family and friends using facebook. However, many prisons are making new rules that preclude prisoners from being online in any form. At least with Google+ I can retain his 'circle' of friends and contacts without fear of being shutdown. Prison is SO boring, it offers a lifeline for old contacts to keep up with him without the extreme censorship found in the prison mail room. And you'd be amazed at how many people are [still] curious about routine prison life.

wraith808:
We need a thread here for people to put their names in associated with their username on DoCo.  People are adding me left and right, and a lot of them I don't recognize.  And with no way to send someone a message associated with the add, there's really no way to know who anyone truly is.

Thoughts?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version