ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Google+

<< < (25/48) > >>

wraith808:
Basically, they were banned due to their violation of the "community guidelines".
-Tuxman (July 07, 2011, 02:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well, the TOS does say that you have to provide your name, and has always said that in some way or another, IIRC.  But I didn't then, and I'm not now.  I just don't want to be known on the web.

Jibz:
Well that sucks, I really don't want to use my real name online. Nor will I (it's boring). Sure the G+ thing is a bit tempting to try - for the hell of it - Mainly because I completely ignored the last 500 fads... But I'll not be signing up with anything close to what it says on my drivers license.
-Stoic Joker (July 07, 2011, 11:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

I used to be very concerned about stuff like people on the internet knowing my real name as well, so I have a lot of understanding for that desire. I guess I have just slowly come to the point where I don't really think it matters that much in the end.

Sure, potentially some nasty people could use the information for doing nasty stuff, but what are the odds anyway unless you are some well knows public character. Are they high enough that it is worth cutting yourself off from all the benefits?

And also, for most people it really isn't that hard to find out if you have google, whois, and the web archive at your hands.

mahesh2k:
So there is no such thing like "friends only" or "family only" profiles on G+ ? Crap.  :down:

Tuxman:
There's circles, at least.

Jibz:
Your name, your gender, and your profile photo are visible to anyone. Other than that it seems like every piece of information on your profile can be limited to specific circles, specific people, or only you. In the same way, posts you make can be limited to any combination of your circles and/or specific people.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version