ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Google+

<< < (21/48) > >>

mahesh2k:
If google starts with app thingy then expect script kiddies and profile hacking, for which Orkut is already suffering from it. There are groups on orkut waiting for open G+ doors to run their script kiddies. Nothing will remain private or secure in such case. Using opensocial apps on orkut is so risky i don't see it'll be any secure in G+. Oh and i hate any social network using excessive flash/ASP combo, i hope G+ uses minimal of these two ugly ladies.  :mad:

rgdot:
I got in, will try to find dc people :D

cmpm:
Google has the potential to be far more intrusive then Facebook imo.
Facebook does not track my browsing history like Google as far as I know.

I've had no trouble stopping app invitations and games with Facebook.
The friend requests for apps must be approved be me.
I doubt that it matters to them or Facebook.
I can block seeing their activities with their stuff as well.

Not to put down G+ before it even gets started. Or defend Facebook.
Just that privacy and annoyance concerns me with how much power Google already has.

40hz:
Hmm...

Google+: Circles + Sparks + Huddle + GMail

Microsoft: Skype + Live + Office360 + maybe Facebook? 

Now that Google's thrown down the gauntlet, is there any creditable news about Facebook seeking a champion yet?

I'm betting if Circles really takes off - FB will do just that.  8)

Tuxman:
Circles are just a copy of Diaspora's "aspects", so if they are the reason to use Google+, you might prefer Diaspora instead...

Google is trying to copy Facebook now. Deleting profiles without a real name and stuff. So that's about the "alternative", huh?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version