ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Opera wand. Does it work well? Enough to abandon lastpass?

<< < (4/4)

MilesAhead:
I'll say this for Opera 11. It's a lot more usable after I put the classic skin on.  Now the only unreadable text is on the caption bar.  Those ultra glass skins squashed the browser window down to about 75% of what it should be just to have some clear stuff at the top. Yuck!! I mean, I like glass but I want to see some page!

My point with wand is they could easily encrypt the stuff instead of leaving it in clear text in a known location.  I don't think you're going to forget you name address and phone number.  So what's the harm if it's encrypted? Only thing I can think of is the coders are afraid of breaking working code.  Like they might never be able to put Humpty Dumpty back together.  Maybe the Wand guy passed away or something.

edit: btw I'm using the latest 11.50 right now.  I stayed with 8.51 for a long time as it became extremely light and fast as other browsers bulked up.  But it's tough to compete with how Chromium snaps off the disk.  Loads even when the HD is busy.

iphigenie:
I'm amazed how Opera like some of the other browsers are becoming, it must be bittersweet to Opera.

I used the wand for years and it is simple and works well, and now it can be sync'd. Because it couldnt be sync'd and I sometimes have to use other browsers, I started using lastpass. This allows me to use more random/secure passwords without losing my mind. The wand works on more sites than lastpass for smooth auto-fill (but not for capture or generation, and it deals with password change better). I dont mind doing an "open lastpass to check the password" then letting the wand take over on my own PCs.

urlwolf:
I'm amazed how Opera like some of the other browsers are becoming, it must be bittersweet to Opera.

I used the wand for years and it is simple and works well, and now it can be sync'd. Because it couldnt be sync'd and I sometimes have to use other browsers, I started using lastpass. This allows me to use more random/secure passwords without losing my mind. The wand works on more sites than lastpass for smooth auto-fill (but not for capture or generation, and it deals with password change better). I dont mind doing an "open lastpass to check the password" then letting the wand take over on my own PCs.

-iphigenie (August 12, 2011, 01:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

This is exactly the point, since now it can be sync'ed (or even if it couldn't, wuala and dropbox to the rescue)... it's a real alternative to lastpass. If it worked well. But I don't know about this, and don't have the time to test it.

I filled two bugs with lastpass, let's see if the fix them. If they do, I'd stay with them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version