ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Opera 11.5 Released

<< < (8/8)

J-Mac:
anyone know how to show the drop-down arrow in the addressbar - or if it's possible to get it back. I never use it myself, but have Opera installed on someone elses machine and they really miss it...
-tomos (July 06, 2011, 03:23 AM)
--- End quote ---

OK, I'm sure this isn't the reason, but make sure they have visited some addresses to populate it!  (Hey: it's 5 am here!)

Jim

tomos:
anyone know how to show the drop-down arrow in the addressbar - or if it's possible to get it back. I never use it myself, but have Opera installed on someone elses machine and they really miss it...
--- End quote ---

OK, I'm sure this isn't the reason, but make sure they have visited some addresses to populate it!  (Hey: it's 5 am here!)
-J-Mac (July 06, 2011, 04:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

it's always good to rule out the obvious!
thankfully it's not 5am here :D
Apparently it changed in 11.5 - drop-down arrow is definitely not there now (on my 11.5 install).

Another thing it has always (I think) done is it shows bookmarks before frequently visited sites in the drop-down list. That's not very friendly, considering, as others have complained, it loads up new unwanted bookmarks on each upgrade.

NigelH:
--- End quote ---
In opera:config , type   dropdown  in quick search and toggle  "Dropdown Button In Addressfield" on
Or try paste this into address bar and toggle it on:
opera:config#UserPrefs|ShowDropdownButtonInAddressfield]ShowDropdownButtonInAddressfield

tomos:
In opera:config , type   dropdown  in quick search and toggle  "Dropdown Button In Addressfield"
-NigelH (July 06, 2011, 05:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

that one worked, thanks Nigel :up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version