ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

We need some good tech news sites - Where are they?

<< < (2/3) > >>

40hz:
@Renegade - please don't read beyond this point. You've been driven crazy enough by stupidity that I won't be responsible if you completely lose it because you start visiting this site.  ;)

Here's a picture of a cute puppy to look at instead! :)  :Thmbsup:

Everyone other than Renegade
For the rest of you:

If you suffer from chronic low blood pressure - or function best when you're half out of your mind with moral outrage and indignation - check out TechDirt for your daily serving of tech news laced with a healthy dose of raw spleen.

Started in 1997 by Floor64 founder Mike Masnick and then growing into a group blogging effort, the Techdirt blog uses a proven economic framework to analyze and offer insight into news stories about changes in government policy, technology and legal issues that affect companies ability to innovate and grow.

The dynamic and interactive community of Techdirt readers often comment on the addictive quality of the content on the site, a feeling supported by the blog’s ~800,000 RSS subscribers, 45,000+ posts, 600,000+ comments and a consistent Technorati Technology Top 100 rating. Both Business Week and Forbes have awarded Techdirt with Best of the Web thought leader awards.

You can also find Techdirt on Twitter and Facebook.
--- End quote ---

Barely a week goes by that I'm not completely overwhelmed with anger (or laughing vindictively) over some bit of news I've read here.

Not for the faint of heart.  :o

You have been warned. :tellme:

JavaJones:
Eep. I think I'll pass on TechDirt. ;)

- Oshyan

Renegade:
I just come here for my tech news. :Thmbsup: I let you smart folks filter out the boring stuff and post the really good stuff.
-Deozaan (June 28, 2011, 09:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

That's a very astute observation. Thinking about it, I do the same with news I get from friends on Facebook or here. They're my #2 source of news.

Renegade:
@Renegade - please don't read beyond this point. You've been driven crazy enough by stupidity that I won't be responsible if you completely lose it because you start visiting this site.  ;)

Here's a picture of a cute puppy to look at instead! :)  :Thmbsup:
 (see attachment in previous post)

-40hz (June 28, 2011, 06:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

Could... not... resist... temptation...

Had... to... click...

Had... to... read...

Massive... overload... brain-overflow...

Must... commit... technocide...

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20110627/17311614875/capcoms-resident-evil-drm-is-evil-you-get-to-play-game-once-thats-it.shtml

DRM - You get 1 chance at the game. No save files. Nobody else can play it. 1 game. No starting over.  :huh:

Ahem. Cue the censor...

Yeah. Right.

zridling:
Several that 40hz mentioned, esp. ARStechnica, and I use a lot of writers' personal twitter accounts to follow the latest. There's also:

Linux News Here
It culls news from 14 different Linux news sites

TechSpot
Good news site, somewhat like Beta/FileForum, only I think better on the news side.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version