ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

We need some good tech news sites - Where are they?

(1/3) > >>

Josh:
As a spin-off of the betanews complaint thread, I have to ask...what sites does everyone visit for good, updated, and relevant tech news that is not just opinion pieces?

Renegade:
The Twilight Zone?

Not sure. But it's a good question... I read whatever pops up in my news feed, but it's not like it's good news. Jeez, they can't even write in proper English and it's often apparent that they simply don't understand some basic concepts given their misuse of technical words. And those are supposed to be 'news' articles.

Deozaan:
I just come here for my tech news. :Thmbsup: I let you smart folks filter out the boring stuff and post the really good stuff.

40hz:
Distrowatch for all things GNU/Linux.

HowtoForge for hands-on step-by-step guides and info on how to get the most out of FOSS applications and operating systems.

4sysops for those responsible for networks, or business and enterprise computing.

MIT's Technology Review for heavy-duty tech news for grownups. One of the few newsletters I accept in my mailbox. (the other is the OSNews Newsletter - IMO better than the actual website.)

The TED Talks More recreational or "food for thought" news. This is the place to go for tech that's either coming to us in the not too distant future - or tech that's destined to vanish and never be seen again. Lots of interesting "stuff" presented by some of the most interesting people on the planet. (Stay thirsty my friend! ;D )

Arstechnica - if you have to ask what this site's about, you don't need to know.  ;) ;D

There are others, but this will do for a start. Put them in your feedreader and grab a free copy of Canaware NetNotes and/or a free ReadItLater account to archive whatever piques your interest. You're just a short step away from being better informed about tech.

Then buy yourself an iPad, invest in a grunge wardrobe, get a weird haircut, stop shaving regularly, don some retro shades, cultivate a taste for double expressos - and you'll soon discover you can hold your own in any hipster venue.

The only difference between vous and Them is you'll actually know something about what you're talking about.  

Do it! :Thmbsup:

8)

JavaJones:
Wow, Ars covers a lot more stuff than I remember. I'll admit it's been ages since I've really spent much time there, but it appears to be a pretty solid replacement for Slashdot, with actual original content and higher quality to boot. Hmm!

- Oshyan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version