ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Facts about Facts?

<< < (3/3)

MilesAhead:
And at my age, some of the prosthetic stuff is starting to look really attractive!  (Sixty-ninth birthday today, so I'm now officially sixty-eight (68)(and, fortunately, still counting)
-barney (December 23, 2012, 06:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sounds like you are counting down. Do you have some kind of Benjamin Button thing going on?  :)

barney:
And at my age, some of the prosthetic stuff is starting to look really attractive!  (Sixty-ninth birthday today, so I'm now officially sixty-eight (68)(and, fortunately, still counting)
-barney (December 23, 2012, 06:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sounds like you are counting down. Do you have some kind of Benjamin Button thing going on?  :)
-MilesAhead (December 24, 2012, 12:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

Nope.  Birthdays start at year zero (0) - the date you come out of the womb  ;) - but our age reflects the number of years we've been alive, so we're all one (1) year younger than our most recent birthday count  :).

cmpm:
I think it's that you have completed 69 years and now into your 70th.

MilesAhead:
Eastern Age Reckoning

I don't know if I agree with the Lunar New Year aspect. But 1 year of age at birth seems more reasonable than 0 since the gestation period is 9 months.  Maybe on the first anniversary of one's birth a person should be considered 1.75??

Also your method has the detrimental effect of requiring a husband to get his wife an anniversary gift on his wedding day.

Instead of kissing the bride he gives her a gift certificate to Bloomies.  :)

barney:
I think it's that you have completed 69 years and now into your 70th.
-cmpm (December 24, 2012, 01:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

Nope, I've completed sixty-eight (68), but that was the sixty-ninth birthday when you count the original date of birth.  It's an awkward concept, but it is, in line with this topic, fact  :P.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version