ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Some shortcut keys don't work anymore.

<< < (3/5) > >>

ewemoa:
Just to clarify, this is from the farr help file:

Ctrl+Left or Alt+Left, Ctrl+Backspace
 Delete last word (or subdir) in search edit box

Tab or Ctrl+Right or Alt+Right
 Autocomplete subdirectory in search edit box
--- End quote ---
-Armando (June 26, 2011, 01:25 PM)
--- End quote ---
Aha, in Advanced Use -> Hotkey and Shortcut Summary!  Thanks for pointing this out :)

My updated preference / vote:

* Ctrl+Left / Ctrl+Right should navigate to previous / next beginning of word boundaries
* Alt+Left / Alt+Right -- previous behavior / documented behavior (I don't think there's some common behavior in other apps for these)
* Cttrl+Backspace / Ctrl+Delete should delete to previous / next beginning of word boundaries

Armando:
Thanks for that summary. I agree with those preferences.
And let's not forget that too:

Ctrl+Shift+left, Ctrl+Shift+Right  : move the cursor one word forward/back and select the text

ewemoa:
Thanks for the reminder :)

Own updated preference summary is now:

* Ctrl+Left / Ctrl+Right - navigate to closest left / right "beginning of word" boundary
* Ctrl+Shift+Left / Ctrl+Shift+Right - select from initial cursor position to closest left / right "beginning of word" AND navigate to the corresponding spot that Ctrl+Left / Ctrl+Right would
* Ctrl+Backspace / Ctrl+Delete - removal of text between initial cursor position and closest left / right "beginning of word" boundary
* Alt+Left / Alt+Right - previous / documented behavior

Nod5:
Consider adding this old request to the list:
Ctrl+Enter - launch selected (or first result if inputbox has focus) and stay open.
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=11791.0

phitsc:
I'd also like to add my vote for Ctrl + Shift + Left / Right making a selection. I find the fact that FARR doesn't do that very confusing.

Please also note that the "word boundary algorithm" allows for some improvement. As it seems, non-English characters (like äöü) are considered to be word boundary characters.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version