ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Some shortcut keys don't work anymore.

<< < (2/5) > >>

Armando:
it's pretty much a standard behaviour in modern text processors and one expects it, so they  probably should...
At the same time, if they don't, it's not a big deal : ctrl+backspace allows one to obtain the same results + quicker : delete full words. Full words selection in farr is probably mostly used for deletion/substitution, but some might use it in cut/copy/paste operations... [Edit: that said... I don't know ! The only thing I know is that I tend to expect it...)

ewemoa:
- Ctrl+Left or Alt+Left, Ctrl+Right or Alt+Right, to either delete last word/subdir OR  autocomplete, doesn't work anymore
-Armando (June 25, 2011, 05:07 PM)
--- End quote ---
Hmmm...I thought Ctrl+Left / Ctrl+Right were for move cursor to beginning of previous word / next word.  That's what I'd expect, though I'm not sure what they used to do.

I'm not sure what Alt+Left and Alt+Right did previously.  FWIW, these don't seem to do anything for me in Notepad or Wordpad.  In Internet Explorer's location field, they seem to lead to the backward / forward page behavior.

- Also, Ctrl+Shift+Left Ctrl+Shift+Right, for word selection don't work either.
-Armando
--- End quote ---
Confirmed here that they don't work for selection -- just lead to motion.  My expectation for them would be to select what would be deleted by Ctrl+Backspace / Ctrl+Delete respectively.

jgpaiva:
the question is.. do they need to be made to select?
-mouser (June 25, 2011, 10:59 PM)
--- End quote ---
As a computer user, I'd say yes. I expect these shortcuts to work in all programs and I'm very used to using them. Even in mac, it was one of the first shortcuts I've learned to use and I really miss them when working in the console and in vim.

skajfes:
I am not sure what Alt-Left should do, but as in text editors - ctrl + left or right should move the cursor one word forward or back. ctrl + shift + left or right should move the cursor one word forward or back and select the text. ctrl + backspace should delete the word left of the cursor, and ctrl+delete should delete the word after the cursor.

I would also like to note that FARR interprets croatian characters "šđčćž" as word separators. However, it is not that big of a deal for me as I don't use those characters in filenames or application names.

Armando:
- Ctrl+Left or Alt+Left, Ctrl+Right or Alt+Right, to either delete last word/subdir OR  autocomplete, doesn't work anymore
-Armando (June 25, 2011, 05:07 PM)
--- End quote ---
Hmmm...I thought Ctrl+Left / Ctrl+Right were for move cursor to beginning of previous word / next word.  That's what I'd expect, though I'm not sure what they used to do.

I'm not sure what Alt+Left and Alt+Right did previously.  FWIW, these don't seem to do anything for me in Notepad or Wordpad.  In Internet Explorer's location field, they seem to lead to the backward / forward page behavior.
-ewemoa (June 26, 2011, 03:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

Just to clarify, this is from the farr help file:

Ctrl+Left or Alt+Left, Ctrl+Backspace
 Delete last word (or subdir) in search edit box

Tab or Ctrl+Right or Alt+Right
 Autocomplete subdirectory in search edit box
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page