topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 12:09 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Proun - Pay What You Want (Donationware) Game  (Read 4895 times)

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Proun - Pay What You Want (Donationware) Game
« on: June 24, 2011, 07:42 PM »
What is Proun?
Proun is a strange racing game in a world of geometric objects and large coloured surfaces. You avoid obstacles by rotating around a cable in order to gain as much speed as possible. There is no up or down; there is only the cable to which you are attached.

What does Pay what you want mean?
It means that you can set your own price for Proun! If you like Proun, then you can pay what you think it is worth. If you don't want to pay for the game, then you can just download it for free. You can also first download the game for free to try it, and then pay for it after you have decided what you think it is worth.

Why is Proun released as Pay what you want?
Because it is a very fair way to pay for something, and because I want as many people as possible to enjoy Proun. At the same time, I hope people who like Proun will support me in making more games! Some of my next projects are really weird, so some support to get those started would be awesome! For further explanation, please read this blogpost.

http://proun-game.com/

2011-06-24_00003.jpgProun - Pay What You Want (Donationware) Game

My opinion: It's not a game I see myself spending a lot of time with. I personally find the music annoying, but I'm not a fan of jazz/blues/big band music. The concept is unique enough, yet quite a bit different from what I thought it was from the videos. All-in-all it's an interesting game but in my opinion the novelty wears off pretty quickly. The price is right, though. :Thmbsup:
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 08:01 PM by Deozaan, Reason: Added my own opinion. »

Bionic71

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
PROUN - Pay what you want or Pay $00.00
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 07:00 PM »
http://www.proun-game.com/

You still get the entire game if you don't pay anything! (Except the bonus track.)
---

What is Proun?
Proun is a strange racing game in a world of geometric objects and large coloured surfaces.
You avoid obstacles by rotating around a cable in order to gain as much speed as possible.
There is no up or down; there is only the cable to which you are attached.