ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Geocities Returns!

<< < (4/5) > >>

zridling:
My eyes, the goggles do nothing!

And yet with Facebook, so many are allowing a corporation to filter and censor their internet experience.

wreckedcarzz:
The yellow and red color combo was pretty horrid, but then the addition of Comic Sans just made it so much worse. The music adds a nice touch as well.

SpoilerI used to make websites like these back when I was in 7th/8th grade. Tech class required you to maintain an intranet website to (theoretically) keep you from gaming/other slacking off after doing the day's work. Man, was I fond of animated images. And the buttons that changed color when you rolled over them with the mouse... and the music. I had that too, ambient music for the home page. I even had a "made with notepad" button almost exactly like that, because I was the only one in the class to mess with the raw HTML (outside of Frontpage 03).

And you all thought that website authoring style died in the 90s. HA! It lives on (until 2006/2007, at least)!

I am ready for my beating now :P

app103:
all browsers should come with animated gif turned off by default! ;D
-lanux128 (June 26, 2011, 01:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

But then you'd miss stuff like this!  >:D

Renegade:
all browsers should come with animated gif turned off by default! ;D
-lanux128 (June 26, 2011, 01:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

But then you'd miss stuff like this!  >:D
-app103 (June 26, 2011, 06:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

Too funny~! :)

How far we've come from the days when video meant 256 color animated image files...

JennyB:
Everytime I see that sign the only Men at Work song I know starts playing in my head.
-nosh (June 25, 2011, 03:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

I hear Bernard Cribbens singing "Hole in the Ground"  :-[

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version