ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2012

NANY 2012 Release: Kyrathaba's Hangman

<< < (24/28) > >>

kyrathaba:
Version 1.0.4.4 is available and this is a required update if you wish to compete via the online high-score database.

This update patches a potential exploit discovered by thancock20 (many thanks thancock20 !!)

The easiest way to update is to run the existing installed version, and use "About"->"Update".

Please note the following from the Help text file:

v 1.0.4.4 (released 8-11-2011)

fixes an exploit found by thancock: this update is required if
   you want to compete using the online high-score database. Although
   older versions will still submit highscores, the database will
   not retain them long-term because there is a PHP sweeper function
   that will periodically cull the database of scores submitted
   with older versions which have not had the exploit patched.

--- End quote ---

hamradio:
And what about the current scores already there? Is my 2nd place one going to get removed since it was an older version potentially taking me out of -> "The top-three high-scoring DC members will receive an additional prize from the site." as you posted on the first post?

kyrathaba:
And what about the current scores already there? Is my 2nd place one going to get removed since it was an older version potentially taking me out of -> "The top-three high-scoring DC members will receive an additional prize from the site." as you posted on the first post?
--- End quote ---

Sorry, I should have been clearer.  No, your existing high-scores won't get culled.  But any scores you may submit that exceed your existing high-score will be checked by the PHP script to ensure that they were submitted by a patched version of the program.  If they weren't, eventually the sweeper will get them.

hamradio:
Thanks for clearing it up more for everyone. :Thmbsup:

kyrathaba:
You bet!  Thank you for making me aware of the need for clarification  :up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version