ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2012

NANY 2012 Release: Kyrathaba's Hangman

<< < (8/28) > >>

Deozaan:
I've got a question for you. Is the in-game update supposed to update itself?

What it does for me is just download a zip file containing the installer and then launch the zip file in Explorer (instead of my default zip/archive program).

kyrathaba:
Is the in-game update supposed to update itself?
--- End quote ---

The in-game updater isn't really a separate component.  It's just a small method that checks a small file hosted on DC for available version number.  It then compares that available version # against the running app's version number.  If the online version # is greater, it let's the user know that an update is available for download.

What I do is update both this small "available version #" file and the same-version-number installer simultaneously, whenever I finish a new revision.

All the in-game updater does is let you know if there's an update available.  In the same Yes/No messagebox, it asks if you'd like to download it.  If you answer "Yes", it does so, then let's you know that it's opening to the downloaded file's location in Explorer, and exiting.  The assumption is you'll install.

I could fix it to where:

(a) yes, download it but don't exit: I'll install it later.
(b) yes, download it and launch the installer before exiting the current program instance.

kyrathaba:
I've updated the relevant links in my OP to reflect the current online scoreboard URL.   Also, noted that we've gained our 9th competitor (welcome Jazper).

If anyone has any hangman puzzles they'd like to contribute, please PM me. I will acknowledge receipt. If I choose to use your suggestion, you'll receive recognition in the text accessed via the "Help" menu.  

kyrathaba:
Nice email today from 'benubird' (a registered "Kyrathaba's Hangman" user).  He emailed me from the link within the app and states, "Cool app, and a nice site you have there at DC!".  I encouraged him to drop by the forum and visit us, and even consider joining!

mouser:
neat  :up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version