ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2012

NANY 2012 Release: Kyrathaba's Hangman

<< < (6/28) > >>

Deozaan:
I'm loathe to change the Wheel Of Fortune themes, even though I am sympathetic to your arguments, because they're so entrenched in the format of the default puzzle file, and so much time and effort was spent coding around those themes.  But I agree that for people not familiar with WOF, it's more difficult.  Still, it is a variant of hangman, rather than sticking strictly to the historical game.  I appreciate your allowances in that direction.
-kyrathaba (June 25, 2011, 10:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

I too found his comments useful and persuasive.  What I think is the correct way of dealing with this part of it though, would be to add a help that explained what is meant by those categories.  It doesn't take much to add (I don't think anyway) and it can leave everything else as is without detracting from it in any way. 
-steeladept (June 25, 2011, 10:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think this is a good solution. Before the round starts, there's a popup that tells you what the theme of the round will be, along with other things to be aware of. Perhaps in this popup it could explain or have a button to press to find the explanation for the theme.

Another thing I just thought of: When I first ran the game and it popped up a message recommending that I read the help file, I decided not to because I didn't realize that this wasn't your standard Hangman game. I thought "Pshaw! I don't need a stinking help file for hangman!" Perhaps it would be useful to explain in that popup that this isn't your Grandpa's Hangman (no offense meant to anyone who's grandpa was hanged) and that it plays quite differently from traditional hangman, thus reading the help file is strongly recommended.

By the way, I also just want to say thank you for being so receptive to my feedback. :Thmbsup:

wraith808:
Does anyone know what exactly I'd need to change in my Inno Setup script so that the "File Version" info (as shown in the screenshot) is correct?
 (see attachment in previous post)
-kyrathaba (June 25, 2011, 09:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

Does it get it from your assembly information, perhaps?  Is the version number in your assembly correct?

kyrathaba:
Good suggestion, steeladept.  And I need to update the help anyway, to remove the keyboard/mouse toggle option from the Help file.  Working on it...

steeladept:
Glad I could help.

kyrathaba:
I've included the updated help file in the version 1031 installer.  But for anyone who has already installed that version, I've attached it here as a zip.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version