ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

Bvckup 2

(1/13) > >>

apankrat:
Hi fellas,

I am very happy to announce the launch of the Bvckup 2 website, the real-time minimalistic backup for Windows -

http://www.bvckup2.com

While the site is a simple teaser, its main purpose is to showcase minimalistic design aesthetics employed in Bvckup 2. It is also my best webdesign work to date.

The product itself is a step up from the original version in all areas. I will be putting up some concrete speed improvement numbers in a bit, but to give a rough idea - the scan of directory tree on a network share is now under 3 seconds versus over 30 second taken by Windows Explorer. The scan of a tree on a local disk is about 5 times faster than in the original version, and this is largely thanks to a custom lock-free slab memory allocator used internally by the program. Note the lock-free part. If you are partial to programming, you may recognize this as fairly complicated stuff... and it is just that. But it yields 5x speed up, so it's worth an effort.

Previous DC thread on the original version is here. Technical details on the version 2 are here. The dev blog is here, and if you are truly bored, there are some bits and pieces of graphic design goodness on Dribbble.

Got a thought or an opinion? A snide remark, perhaps? Most excellent, I am all ears. Be it on the idea, design or the time it takes to get it done :)

Thanks.

cranioscopical:
A snide remark, perhaps? Most excellent, I am all ears.
-apankrat (June 22, 2011, 05:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

African or Indian?

Nice-looking work!  :up: :up:

mouser:
The first Bvckup was very impressive -- it's wonderful to see Bvckup 2 progress  :up: :up: :up:

nudone:
I love the new website.

MerleOne:
Actually it took me some time to realize I had to scroll the page down to see all  ;)

Also, even if very "minimalist", the first version of bvckup is already very powerful and highly configurable, I sort of miss this impression in the new website.

BTW, bvckup recently saved me a lot of time : my data partition got corrupted, I have weekly image of it but that was not enough.  Since I have a regular bvckup copy of my Windows Live Mail data whose original was damaged because of the corruption, I was able to restore the whole mail data (I barely stopped the bvckup process in time, so as not to overwrite the "good" backup by damaged data).

Any ETA for V2 ?

Thanks !

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version