ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

FARR and Indexing Option - Feedback Requested

<< < (8/15) > >>

Armando:
However... Relying on a 3rd party could mean have an indexing option rapidly with minimal efforts on mouser's part. And if the 3rd party options doen't get updated/don't work after a while (a couple years?), mouser can then develop his own indexing mechanism...

Armando:
In any case... Whatever the kind of indexing, I hope it can work with various languages/character sets (i.e. : Unicode) and not just English...  :)

Josh:
Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe mouser has stated that unicode will not be coming due to the amount of work involved.

Armando:
True.

But right now, there is some support for accentuated chars. I hope it won't be less than that. (E.g. : The Everything plugin, for some reasons doesn't allow me to run/open any file with accentuated chars -- Everything as such doesn't have that problem.)

JavaJones:
However... Relying on a 3rd party could mean have an indexing option rapidly with minimal efforts on mouser's part. And if the 3rd party options doen't get updated/don't work after a while (a couple years?), mouser can then develop his own indexing mechanism...
-Armando (November 12, 2011, 07:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

Isn't that exactly what happened with the Everything plugin?

- Oshyan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version