ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

How to stop forum spam ?

<< < (2/4) > >>

eleman:
escape his sight because his cat distracts him :P
-jgpaiva (June 21, 2011, 06:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

That must be one skillful cat to distract mouser even for a split second. Hurray for the cat then.

jgpaiva:
escape his sight because his cat distracts him :P
-jgpaiva (June 21, 2011, 06:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

That must be one skillful cat to distract mouser even for a split second. Hurray for the cat then.
-eleman (June 21, 2011, 06:07 AM)
--- End quote ---
Actually, now that I've seen app's WOT profile, I think my post should refer app and not mouser :P So, hurray for app's cat :P

app103:
Actually, now that I've seen app's WOT profile, I think my post should refer app and not mouser :P So, hurray for app's cat :P
-jgpaiva (June 21, 2011, 06:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

I report ALL spammers on WOT, not just the ones I ban, so it's not all my doing. I referred to that link only as a way of seeing what actually goes on behind the scenes here. Also, that list doesn't give you any idea how many of them are repeat offenders, since I can only report and rate them once.

I think you were correct when you credited mouser for the bulk of the spam removal. As a forum admin it's a little different when he bans a spammer and removes their posts...when he does it, it's gone forever to a land where nobody can see it, not even us moderators. When a moderator bans and deletes spam, other moderators can still see it in the deleted posts section.

ecaradec:
Hey,

The thread is actually more enjoyable that I expected : There is so many people involved in making DC works, that it felt like magic, where actually real people are doing a lot of work in keeping it enjoyable.

Thank you all ;)

rgdot:
Only method that has worked for me is a question and answer to complete registration. Even easy question dropped spam big time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version