topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 6:22 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Right click shortcut or executable and pick the priority it will run with  (Read 6054 times)

paulw

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I have need of this, instead of running the shortcut or exe file first then going into the taskmanager
and changing priority, I would like to be able to right click exe or shortcut, click on priority then pick from
the list, Have searched around and couldn't find an app of this sort. Thanks P.S. This will be for Win XP Pro/SP3
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 04:57 PM by paulw »

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Here you go:  Priority Run

Some notes/caveats:

• DO NOT, DO NOT, DO NOT run it from the zip file.  Extract it to its permanent install folder first and then run it from there.
  • For anybody testing this under Vista or Windows 7, you will almost certainly have to run it as Administrator.

Obviously, it's had minimal testing here but seems to work smoothly.  Let me know how it works for you.  Thanks.

2011-06-19_195431.pngRight click shortcut or executable and pick the priority it will run with

paulw

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Thats exactly what I wanted and it works fine here, Thanks very much Skwire  :Thmbsup:

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
You're welcome.  Thanks for the feedback.

pilgrim

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • Cogito ergo ?
    • View Profile
    • Pilgrim's Page
    • Donate to Member
Just installed this in XP-SP3 Home, it is showing up in Task Manager when I right click on an exe but the GUI is not opening?
I spent 25 years training to be an eccentric then I woke up one morning and realised that I'd cracked it.
I've not had to try since.

I wonder what happens if I click on thi