ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

A New Twist in Wikipedia?

(1/2) > >>

Renegade:
I saw this on a Wikipedia page, but haven't seen it since:

Has anyone seen that?

I think it's a fantastic addition as I've seen some Wikipedia articles that have been flat out dominated by massively slanted views.

40hz:
Haven't seen it.

But I think it's going to be a real boon to all the crank organizations (lifers, neocons, Apple fanboys, etc.) since it will let them organize slams against anything they disagree with instead of just writing endless e-mails that nobody by the Wikipedia staff used to have to see or deal with.

Isn't democracy a grand thing?

(But what is 'democracy' other than a form of government where rule by 400 craven idiots is considered to be vastly preferable to rule by one mad king...) :P

rgdot:
Wikipedia or similar efforts will never find a way to remove slanted views, wrong information, etc. completely. You either have full editorial control or not (and all that comes with each set up) ... there is no real workable way that is a mix. We and they should be happy with what has been achieved with Wikipedia considering what the internet 'allows'.

Renegade:
Isn't democracy a grand thing?

(But what is 'democracy' other than a form of government where rule by 400 craven idiots is considered to be vastly preferable to rule by one mad king...) :P
-40hz (June 19, 2011, 12:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hahaha~!

I listen to Australian parliament on the radio quite often, and wow... They're more than capable of proving that democracy can be just as <insert something about diminished mental capacity here /> as anywhere else.

(Skipping the part about exactly how democratic democracy actually is...)

zridling:
Haven't seen it either, but not sure I'd trust the rating until I read the article (assuming I was expert on the subject).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version