ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

FreewareGenius.com: The best freeware virtual PDF printer tools

(1/3) > >>

mouser:
Here's a very useful roundup at freewaregenius today:

PDF Virtual printers are a convenient way to create PDF files. These programs can save any kind of printable document as a PDF; all you need to do is to select ‘print’ from your favorite program, then select the virtual PDF printer and get a PDF file.

There are many excellent free virtual printers. We have tested 15 of these and selected 10 of them to evaluate and compare. These (in alphabetic order) are: Bullzip PDF Printer, Doro PDF Writer, PDF Printer (PdfSvg), PDF reDirect, PDF24 Creator, PDFCreator, Perfect PDF 7 Master, Primo PDF, Print2PDF Free and qvPDF.

--- End quote ---

http://www.freewaregenius.com/2011/06/16/the-best-freeware-virtual-pdf-printer-a-comparison/

Curt:
Nice find, mouser.

Readers should be aware of the author ("Priit L")'s way of thinking: if a program has many options, it will get a lower rating, say 4/5 instead of 5/5, with the reason: "too complex for beginners"!

Jibz:
I was a little surprised not to see doPDF on the list, but I guess it does not provide some of the "essential features" like merging, watermarking and encryption, which are in the commercial version.

I chose doPDF because it seemed like a professional application, it handled all the fonts and graphics I tried well, and it produced relatively small pdf files -- but as he says

Of course, different people need different functionality so the division between ‘essential’ and ‘optional’ can be debated.
--- End quote ---

:Thmbsup:

40hz:
I've used BullZip ever since I dropped PrimoPDF. I've been extremely happy with its performance and output quality. BullZip would be my top choice.  :Thmbsup:

hpearce:
I selected the editor's pick to replace dopdf ... but I was surprised it was not listed too

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version