ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Updating the forum software to 1.1RC2

<< < (2/4) > >>

Deozaan:
As you know I'm new to the forums, but one thing has been bugging me a lot since my short stay here. And that is that all the links in the forums open up in a new tab/window (not sure which, since I force Firefox to open in a new tab). I end up having twenty tabs without realizing it.

Can we just have normal links, please? Especially for internal/local links. So many threads link to other parts of this site I'd like to click on it and remain in the same tab/window. I like this site, but not enough to warrant 15 DC tabs open at the same time just trying to read the forums.

mouser:
ill look into the option - i would only change it if users could select it as an option as i need to  have external links open in new windows or ill get lost.

i wonder if tabmix or another ff tab extension has an option that lets you say, for a specific site (say donationcoder.com) , open all links in current page.  that would be very nice and solve your problem, and i wouldn't be surprised if it did.  anyone know?

Deozaan:
I don't know how much control you have over the forum software, but I think it could be done easily enough with simple text parsing. If it starts with "http://*.donationcoder.com/" then use the same window, otherwise use the _new target.

mouser:
yes it wouldnt be hard for me to write it into the forum - the issue i have is some of us like having it open on a new tab, so id like to have it as an option, either using a firefox addin options, or forum options for each user.

i dont actually see it in user options but i could add the option if its impossible to do via firefox addin.

jgpaiva:
In opera, I'm used to opening pages in new tabs by midle-clicking, and I do that very often, i think it's an easy way to keep things organized.
I think this could be an option in the forum, but it doesn't make me much difference, i almost always open the links in a new page anyways.
It's always good to be able to open a new page while keeping the reading of the post in the same place, so as you can easily get back to where you were reading on.

Just my 2cents

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version