ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Friends: Brace yourselves for another economic turn.

<< < (5/6) > >>

Gothi[c]:
* Gothi[c] waits for dc to be flagged as terrorist organisation :Dwatch all the paypal funds be frozen :D

superboyac:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fREUujocYik&NR=1
-Gothi[c] (June 16, 2011, 10:26 AM)
--- End quote ---
Very cool.

Renegade:
* Gothi[c] waits for dc to be flagged as terrorist organisation :Dwatch all the paypal funds be frozen :D
-Gothi[c] (June 16, 2011, 10:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

tearurrizin' da interwebz since 2005! :P

Renegade:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fREUujocYik&NR=1
-Gothi[c] (June 16, 2011, 10:26 AM)
--- End quote ---
Very cool.
-superboyac (June 16, 2011, 10:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

+1

It was stunning to see the very low view count. More people should see that.

When he went on about military spending and what that could do... Shameful...

40hz:
If you can sell otherwise civilized nations on the benefits of 'ethnic cleansing' for political or religious reasons, imagine how much easier it will be to get them to do it once those bloody "outsiders" are accused of "taking" the dominant tribe's food!

I can hear it now: "My fellow (insert collective name)! The time has come to make hard decisions and stand firm in a course of action. We do this, not by choice or out of malice, but to ensure the survival of our people. We do this not for ourselves. We do this for our children!" (Then comes a meaningful pause as the speaker closes his eyes, and appears to gather strength. He opens his eyes and looks directly at the somber crowd for a long poignant moment. Then, with a sad but resolved sigh, he raises his eyes towards the heavens.) "May god forigive us - and let history judge us." he intones. There is a silent moment before the cheering begins - and then grows louder.-40hz (June 16, 2011, 09:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

Been practicing that speech have you? (hehe j/k)
-Stoic Joker (June 16, 2011, 10:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

Nope.

I've just heard it (or a variation of it) used to justify so many bad things so often that I've got it memorized right down to the gestures and pauses.  8)

Sometimes I don't know which part disgusts me more. The fact that leaders still use that spiel. Or that their constituencies still so often applaud it.

Reminds me of the Bandar-log (i.e. monkeys) in Kipling's classic The Jungle Book. Their rallying cry was: We all say so, and so it must be true.

...the Bandar-log began, twenty at a time, to tell him
how great and wise and strong and gentle they were, and how foolish he
was to wish to leave them. "We are great. We are free. We are wonderful.
We are the most wonderful people in all the jungle! We all say so, and
so it must be true," ...

...and whenever a speaker stopped for want of breath they would
all shout together: "This is true; we all say so."

--- End quote ---

Seems the silly ape was indeed made flesh, and dwells among us still. :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version