topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 7:49 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Converting DRM protected music files: software recommendations  (Read 33368 times)

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Converting DRM protected music files: software recommendations
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2008, 06:27 PM »
Today's giveawayoftheday is first of all a DRM remover and only then a converter

---

Sorry for not coming back to this thread, in time to answer your questions when the deal still was on, but I was struggling with my new PC. I took the giveaway, for my new Vista, and used the occasion to upgrade to PRO, for £9, and used this PRO to the purchase an extra license of PRO for $3. It was not possible to upgrade the giveaway version for $3.

HOWEVER, all these licenses are marked as special licenses, they will not grant me the same rights as full price deals, when the next major update comes.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 06:30 PM by Curt »

dudude

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2008, 08:08 PM »
I just tried to convert an M4P file in my iTunes folder and I selected MP3 as the output folder using Digital media converter. I encountered several dialog windows before i could finally "start to burn", yet the "Device Error" message popped up. i also tried another program called "TuneClone Audio Converter", which performed great as it applies the virtual CD burning tech to speed up the burning and encoding process. However I won't pay for it since $34.95 is a little bit expensive for me. So i am still looking for a cheap and easy to use program of this kind.

Any recommendations?
Urgently needed.

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2008, 10:52 PM »
Hi dudude,

I use Noteburner for the same purpose and have had no problems with it. Crumb, just noticed it's $34.95 as well... I bought it at $19. I don't know of any solution for iTunes files that will remove the DRM without the computer being authorized to play the track, though... Don't know if that applies to you or not.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2008, 04:43 AM »
Ghacks is offering Media Converter today, Thursday 11th 2008:
http://cybernetnews....rks-with-drmd-media/

–The Giveaway–

We have 10 licenses to Daniusoft Media Converter (valued at $34.95 each) to giveaway today! All you have to do is drop a comment below providing both your name and email address in the appropriate fields. We obviously need your email address for contacting you in the event that you should win. Believe it or not we’ve actually had winners in previous giveaways get randomly selected, but since they didn’t provide an email address we had to pick someone else.

Just as with all of our giveaways we will be using a random number generator to determine the winners. For this round here is how we’re going to give out the licenses:

* 1 winner will be picked from comment numbers 1 through 5
    * 9 winners will be picked from comment numbers 1 through however many comments there are.

Entries for the giveaway will be accepted up until December 11th at 7:00PM Central Time.

+
... I ... used the occasion to upgrade to PRO, for $9, and used this PRO to the purchase an extra license of PRO for $3.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2008, 06:00 AM »
I just tried to convert an M4P file in my iTunes folder and I selected MP3 as the output folder ....
... So i am still looking for a cheap and easy to use program of this kind.

Any recommendations?
Urgently needed.

I'm in the same situation as dudude (urgently needed as well) looking for a recommendation for:-

I want to convert a couple of MP4 and FLV files to mp3
that I only want to do a couple I dont really want to invest in software
so something free would be great - or online conversion or even a trial that would do the job?
Tom
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 06:02 AM by tomos »

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2008, 06:29 AM »
Easiest way for MP4 is just to burn them to a CD in iTunes and then rip them back as MP3.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2008, 07:11 AM »
thanks Carol

after my last post I tried http://www.zamzar.com/ - (was recommended here somewhere) and just got a reply -
seems to work okay, they have my main email address though so hopefully they trustworthy

You have to upload seperate filetypes seperately
Tom

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2009, 04:54 AM »
Does Carol or anyone else (still) use SoundTaxi ? My reason for asking is that the Suite will be on Bits du Jour & Daily Deals on Monday December 07 2009 for $24 instead of $60, but I am quite busy the next couple of days so I might not have the time to test it. It seems to want to compete with AudialsOne, which I like, but does it work all right?

http://www.soundtaxi.info/
SoundTaxi editions comparison table: http://www.soundtaxi.../select_edition.html

http://www.bitsdujou...undtaxi-media-suite/
http://daily-deals.i...undtaxi-media-suite/

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2009, 05:28 AM »
Sorry don't use converters anymore - don't buy DRMed music as a matter of principle any more.

I know people don't buying CDs but I still find that CDs are better quality and often cheaper than downloading music (at least for the kinds of music I like). Plus you get a shiny box/disk and artwork. I can then rip it to MP3 if I want to listen on my MP3 player.

The other advantage of CDs/DVDs over downloads is that when you are sick of them you can flog them or give them away which reduces the cost even more. Something you can't do legally with downloads.

If you don't like the clutter and old computer CD box (or in my case 5.25" floppy box) can store hundreds of CDs - just chuck the cases and slide the CD into the notes booklet.

IL1keT0Donate

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2011, 11:37 PM »
The good people at SoundTaxi tell me there program removes DRM protection legally and whats more compared to Audials TuneBite a license for SoundTaxi includes upgrades fro life.

I hope to be able to share 1 or 2 coupon(s) with you in the next 24 hours or so