ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

iBooks vs Stanza displaying an epub on iPod Touch/iPhone

<< < (2/4) > >>

40hz:
^I prefer an ePub (or PDF) whenever possible. Virtually anything can read them. And ePub is an open standard, which is important to me.

eleman:
When I attempted to use it before, getting ebooks from my computer to Stanza was painfully unreliable*; now there are two new options for iOS sync including sending ebooks them via iTunes and that is actually 100 times less painful and actually works.
-daddydave (June 09, 2011, 03:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

Excuse my ignorance for I have yet to own an e-book reader or e-book collection of any sort, but why aren't we just dragging and dropping the e-books from the computer to the device? Am I missing something?

Deozaan:
Excuse my ignorance for I have yet to own an e-book reader or e-book collection of any sort, but why aren't we just dragging and dropping the e-books from the computer to the device? Am I missing something?-eleman (June 10, 2011, 02:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

Dragging and dropping files onto an iDevice? Is that even possible?

eleman:
Dragging and dropping files onto an iDevice? Is that even possible?
-Deozaan (June 10, 2011, 02:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

I am as ignorant about iAnything as I am about e-books, but doesn't Apple always brag about how they invented the GUI? Drag&drop shouldn't be missing in a gui. Or should it?

daddydave:
[...incoherent rambling deleted by author...too early in the morning]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version