ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Not bad article on The Sins of Ubuntu

<< < (3/3)

Edvard:
No problem. You base your response on experience. Your statement is the core of Linux: freedom (to choose something else).
--- End quote ---
Pre-zactly.
I knew you'd understand.  :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:

steeladept:
Edvard - Your experiences mirror my own.  I too am a fan of Xbuntu over the others and have pretty much settled on Mint Xfce as my preferred distro.  I know many who prefer Gnome and hence Ubuntu or even the main Mint, but it just isn't me.

40hz:
I prefer Mint (in any incarnation) over Ubuntu these days. It's also refreshing to see the latest main release as their attempt to provide users with the absolute best Gnome 2 experience possible before Gnome forces us all to walk away from it and down the path of the, in many ways misguided (IMO), "new direction" Gnome 3 wants to take.

That being said, I still prefer Xfce to Gnome as my main desktop. Just hope #! (aka CrunchBang) continues to crank out their excellent distro.  Because that's my current "go to" Linux for day-to-day use.   :Thmbsup:

Stoic Joker:
O_o Uh, Okay... With a name like CrunchBang I just gotta try it!

40hz:
O_o Uh, Okay... With a name like CrunchBang I just gotta try it!
-Stoic Joker (June 11, 2011, 03:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think you're gonna like it... :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version