ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Web vs. Device?

<< < (2/3) > >>

zridling:
@mouser:
I believe that's because almost everyone in regular and business media uses Apple products and services. Watch any morning show, cable or network, and their iPhones are all sitting right there in front of them. On the business channels they virtually have on-camera orgasms when describing Apple stock or it's daily product announcement. It's all about novelty (the latest new thing!), not actual utility.

The other thing I find funny is that a Windows or Linux user can use Apple software and immediately spot 6 to 26 problems or bad decisions. Yet you never see an Apple-ite write critical reviews, why? Fear of being banned or hated by the community? (Cult mentality: don't speak ill of Dear Leader, or else!)

Stoic Joker:
Blind faith has never really been my strong suite...So if the only copy of my data is in someone elses hands... (hehe) ...No. I'll vote device. Because if I lose my data, that'll suck. But if you lose my data, somebody's gonna get hurt... :)

Curt:
... Because if I lose my data, that'll suck. But if you lose my data, somebody's gonna get hurt... -Stoic Joker (June 09, 2011, 07:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

-my attitude as well

Renegade:
Because if I lose my data, that'll suck. But if you lose my data, somebody's gonna get hurt... :)
-Stoic Joker (June 09, 2011, 07:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hehehe~! I love that~!  ;D

Sort of on topic...

I had a server with Layered Technologies. Raid 1 mirrored. A drive died. Server went off-line. They f**ked the other drive and formatted it...

I don't think I need to say how I felt about that.

40hz:
Apple will continue to get a free ride as long as Steve Jobs is alive. Once he's gone it will be open season on Apple because it will finally get called on all the problems many in the tech press are reluctant to acknowledge.

Of course the fanboys will be ok with that. Because if Apple does fail after Jobs is gone,  they have an excuse that fits in with their mythology: Steve (the Messiah) is dead - and it was only HIS "vision" that made it all possible.

I truly do believe if Jobs has any genius at all, it lies in his uncanny ability to surround himself with very bright people who are completely willing to let him claim their innovations and contributions as his own.

There has to be some kind of brilliance present to be able to do that.   :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version