ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

(Autohotkey)Script to split audiobooks (audiofiles MP3 and OGG)

(1/1)

Lebewesen:
Hi,

I wrote scripts to split large audiofiles (mp3/ogg) in smaller parts with the "same" timelength. The script search an directory for audiofiles and then make a cue list to split each in a new folder.

In the cutlist the parts have the same length, but mp3splt searches for the best splitpoint (silence) in the region. With this logic there are no hard brakes in an audiobook.

There is also a script which moves/groups mp3 files to different folders based on the playlength. It start with the first file of a folder and moves it to a subfolder until a time treashold is reached, then starts a new folder. I used a different program to get the timelength for this script than for the split script, because the other program results sometimes in wrong time information.

The scripts are far from perfect, but maybe some one find them useful and maybe some finds the time to make a program out of it.

Whats also needed is mp3splt: http://mp3splt.sourceforge.net/mp3splt_page/home.php

mp3splt needs to be extracted in the working directory.

I hope someone finds the scripts useful ;)

Bastian

mouser:
Thanks for sharing, that sounds like it could come in handy.  Scripts are in ahk (autohotkey) source, in case anyone was wondering.

Lebewesen:
Scripts are in ahk (autohotkey) source, in case anyone was wondering.-mouser (June 08, 2011, 10:08 AM)
--- End quote ---
I changed the Topic

that sounds like it could come in handy.-mouser (June 08, 2011, 10:08 AM)
--- End quote ---
I tried a lot of programs - even comercials - there was only one wich does that was the script does (whery expensiv! but with nice gui). I recogniced the splitpattern to be mp3splt so I tried to recreate the method used by that program.

My scripts aren't as nice. They depend on other programs, wich output is evaluated throug a created text file. I don't know how to get the output direct to the scripts. So a bunch of batchfiles is created in the run of the scripts. Not a very good programming - but it works ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version