topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 12:46 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Subdiv question. . .  (Read 3682 times)

roller27

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Subdiv question. . .
« on: June 08, 2011, 09:33 AM »
I just used Subdiv to organize 10+ years of files by date. It worked great! I then created one folder for each year and organized the Sub Div folders. What I would like to do now is see all the individual files within each "year" folder as though I were unpacking all of the subdiv folders. For example when I open the foler named "2010" I will see all the files and not just the subdiv folders. Is there a quick way to do this? So far I have been manually exploring each subdiv folder and removing the files that way.

Thanks!

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Subdiv question. . .
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 09:52 AM »
some file managers can do that -
there was a post lately http://www.freewareg...omparative-analysis/

Check out #6: UltraExplorer
‘Flatten folder’ view to see all files in the subfolders.

others there may do it as well (disclaimer: I havent used it myself - I mainly use Directory Opus file manager which can do this, but it costs a lot)
Tom

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 09:55 AM »
moderator, maybe move thread to https://www.donation...ex.php?topic=20975.0
-----------------
@roller27:
Did you keep a copy of the original files in the original order, (so you can delete the new unwanted order), or have you literally moved them all?
Are you certain that you are using version 1.2 (not 1.0)? edited: 1.2, of course.

Edited:
Try Belvedere: http://lifehacker.co...our-self+cleaning-pc
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 10:02 AM by Curt »

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 10:17 AM »
I was wondering that - is it a SubDiv question or a file-management-view question?
Tom

pyrohacker

• Joined in 2008
  • Coder, gamer, loving it.
    • View Profile
    • Mindful Code
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 12:20 AM »
I realize this is an old topic, but it's partially unanswered, so I'll chip in as the developer of SubDiv.

It isn't really in SubDiv's scope to have this kind of feature, but there is a simple way to view all of the files and folders in a directory at once. Under Windows 7 (and most likely Vista), navigate to the directory -- in this case, the folder for each year -- and perform a search for *.* . That'll show every folder in the directory, and also list each of the files following their containing folders. That's a tricky explanation, so try it out and you'll see what I mean.

Funny that programmers chose the phrase "Hello, World" while most of us are introverts.