ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Zenix is a "fun, fast, different" Linux distro!

<< < (3/3)

zridling:
I borrowed a friend's abandoned netbook and installed Zenix on it. Can't believe it recognized all the old proprietary hardware but it did. I actually like the plain black desktop but will change it just to be pretty.

@Renegade:
There ya had to go and bring up Bubbles. Oh man, what a great show. His character is the gift that keeps giving.

40hz:
a guitar like that should be played by someone like this
-superboyac (June 08, 2011, 10:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

This is way off topicYou talkin' about that handsome young feller up there? For him, I'd say it should be the Eastwood Ichiban. Perfect for someone who has respect for the past - but doesn't allow himself to be held back by it.

40hz, that unrepentant non-DeadHead "Child of the 70s" is more the Eastwood Airline Tux type.

Love that 'stringy' quasi-eastern sound and the controlled musical feedback. Rock on! :up:

Interestingly, the Ferguson part of the demo gets remarkably close to the sound and style of music I most like to do.  ;D

And for BOTH of us, the Eastwood Mandocaster!

Awesome guitars!  8)
=============================

OK. Back on topic:

Loaded Zenix on an older AMD64 box. It does work remarkably well with what it finds, although now that I've used it a bit, I realize it is a minimalist looking rather than a true minimalist distro since it butchers in at almost 600mb on the CD. No knock that. but it's an important distinction to keep in mind.  Especially if you're short for drive space on whatever you're installing it on.

I wouldn't recommend this as somebody's first foray into Linux however. The interface, while pretty and very well thought out, is NOT your standard Linux desktop by any stretch. Nevertheless, I like it.

This will probably be more of a novelty distribution for me. But what the heck - weirdness and novelty is what it's supposed to be about, right?

For at least part of the time anyway. ;D

superboyac:
This will probably be more of a novelty distribution for me. But what the heck - weirdness and novelty is what it's supposed to be about, right?

For at least part of the time anyway. ;D
-40hz (June 08, 2011, 03:55 PM)
--- End quote ---
In the words of Rickety Cricket: "Let's get weird, buddy. Let's get weird."
I like the tux, too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version