ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

web clipping

<< < (5/9) > >>

Jibz:
On a related note, any other Surfulater users having trouble with the Chrome plugin? It seems to randomly disappear and I have to reinstall it :huh:.

kfitting:
Agree with the comments about Local Website Archive.  I love that it saves pages in html, but it does not seem to be updated much. 

- The search is somewhat powerful but never quite what I'm looking for.
- No "virtual folders" or tags (asked the author about this and he's not planning these) makes organization really tough
- No multi-page capture means if an article does not support single page view you get a bunch of entries for the same article (once again, asked about this but not going to be supported)

I've toyed with using priprinter and a pdf creation tool to make pdfs that I could store in other ways using other tools, but havent done that yet.

Understand the OP is looking for snippets and this is more about whole pages... but I havent found much for either.  I dont like that programs tend to store all this stuff in their own format. 

Why cant we have something like IDImager or what benubird was talking abou t (havent seen any updates recently): a database on top of the original files so we can add metadata and organize, but view the content regardless. 

rjbull:
Agree with the comments about Local Website Archive.  I love that it saves pages in html, but it does not seem to be updated much.  -kfitting (June 19, 2011, 01:50 PM)
--- End quote ---
I use it when I want to make an accurate verbatim copy of a page, but not much for anything else.  I mostly use EverNote 2.2 for general stuff.  I tried UR for a while, but it seemed just too complicated.

- No multi-page capture means if an article does not support single page view you get a bunch of entries for the same article (once again, asked about this but not going to be supported)
--- End quote ---
I once used IDM = Internet Download Manager to download most of a Web site, which worked quite well, but I wouldn't rate it a routine operation.

There have been a few mentions of Canaware NetNotes on DC, but I haven't tried it.  FreewareGenius review is Canaware NetNotes: capture web pages then store and edit them within a local knowledge base.

IainB:
@Dormouse: What about Scrapbook add-on for Firefox?     :Thmbsup:
It always seems to work without problem for me.
It would be nice if it were available for Chromium/Chrome too.

Armando:
I use IQ (InfoQube) -- surprise! -- for all clipping (web or whatever).  :P
I've got thousands of clips in there, all tagged etc.
The universal clipper works everywhere. But the "HiFi" clipper (full pages, "verbatim") only works with FF 4 (and earlier, of course) and IE 8.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version