ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

web clipping

<< < (4/9) > >>

Jibz:
I use CintaNotes for fast clips of short bits of text because it is so fast and convenient. For larger articles and stuff that includes images and formatting I use Surfulater.

cyberdiva:
I use CintaNotes for fast clips of short bits of text because it is so fast and convenient. For larger articles and stuff that includes images and formatting I use Surfulater.
-Jibz (June 07, 2011, 03:12 AM)
--- End quote ---
I use Surfulater for everything, even the small things I used to put in CintaNotes and several similar programs.  The main reason I didn't respond to suggest Surfulater is that the O.P. seemed to be looking for something that would work well with Opera.  Surfulater used to be able to do so, thanks to some instructions in Surfulater's old forum.  However, as far as I can tell, those instructions no longer work with Opera 11.11 (the current version).  According to some messages in the Opera forum, the problem began with Opera 11.01.  It's a pity, because Surfulater is a terrific (though admittedly rather pricey) program.

Dormouse:
The main reason I didn't respond to suggest Surfulater is that the O.P. seemed to be looking for something that would work well with Opera.  Surfulater used to be able to do so, thanks to some instructions in Surfulater's old forum.  However, as far as I can tell, those instructions no longer work with Opera 11.11 (the current version).  According to some messages in the Opera forum, the problem began with Opera 11.01.  It's a pity, because Surfulater is a terrific (though admittedly rather pricey) program.
-cyberdiva (June 07, 2011, 07:47 AM)
--- End quote ---
I remember being interested in Surfulater before I bought UR (I seem to remember reports of UR capturing web pages more accurately) and have kept half an eye on it since. Never enough to buy it even on BdJ days. And I do already have quite a lot of ways of doing this, so there has to be a compelling reason to acquire another. Always open to compelling reasons though. Working with Opera might be one; although I cope OK with using other browsers when I'm acquiring info, it would be much more convenient to always do it in the one I am using.

AHMalik:

But it all leaves me wondering whether there is a better way.

-Dormouse (June 05, 2011, 07:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

Try:
<https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=26966>
15+ useful Chrome Extensions you might not have heard of <https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=26966.msg251347>

iphigenie:
I have the same kind of problem and situation - I also use Opera and i have 3 different inconsistent things I use none of which is perfect. My main constraint is that it needs to work off a key or the web, because a key function is to be able to capture something that comes up while at work or on the road, and capture it

what i use:

- diigo. bookmarking with highlighting and snippets + can keep a cache of pages (not 100% reliable alas). Just not enough that can be done with it afterwards if you are aggregrating for writing or organising (lists, groups and slideshows, good for sharing but not for writing, imo). Has great extensions in other browsers and a more limited diigolet in Opera. Perhaps it will port its extensions to Opera

- opera notes. very simple but because it is sync'd and accessible at my.opera.com it is extremely useful for all sorts of tidbits of information and often to write/prepare for writing. The capture from opera *and* the fact that they can be used as quick paste tools mean I use them all the time... I really should see whether something can be done to access/manage opera notes on the desktop from one of the outliner tools perhaps, that could be very interesting

- local website archive - a bit clunky to capture from opera and alas can only do full page, so I use it less than I once did due the the clutter it generates. I used to use it all the time as my main tool but it kind of stayed behind in time.

So I am looking at tools too :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version