ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

web clipping

<< < (3/9) > >>

daddydave:
Like this for example

For this particular URL, I seem to get the "not an article" whimper only on my iPod Touch, not on my PC. Just noticed that.

wraith808:
^ What's the URL?  Is it just roku.com, or some other child URL?

40hz:
Sound like its another Apple browser user agent issue although I haven't run into that on my iPhone yet (knock wood).

Guess it's to be expected when you're using a device and software made by a company that thinks the entire universe begins and ends at it's own property line.  ;D

wraith808:
I duplicated the problem- I think it's because of the format of Roku's home page.  Roku's homepage is pretty much graphical- that's probably what it means by it's not an article.  The article parser parses the text, and roku.com has a minimal amout of that.

You can report the pages here, but I think that pages like that one would fall outside of the parser on mobile devices, which is why it recommends looking at them in the web page view.

daddydave:
Which oddly I can't find on the PC version of Read It Later even though they both use the same account.

For comparison, I selected the same and right clicked and added to Evernote from my PC and pulled it up on the iPod Touch.
web clipping

Much more readable than Read it Later Full Web Page View on the same device (two fingered spread-to-zoom gestures notwithstanding).
web clipping

And of course RIL doesn't let you select the actual area you want clipped, which is seemingly related to its pickiness about articleness. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version