ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

web clipping

(1/9) > >>

Dormouse:
I'm just wondering what people are using for web clipping at the moment.
I've noticed that a number of my previous addons/extensions have stopped working with the latest versions of various browsers (eg ie & FF have broken a few).
Ultra Recall still works on FF5 but not ie9, Chrome or Opera; of course, it does work in its own browser too;
Evernote works in everything except FF5 (I assume they will update fairly soon as they seem the most active in updating);
OneNote works in ie & Chrome, but not FF5 or Opera.

I use Evernote for bits and pieces. Really useful, especially with the web access & mobile apps, but not for heavy duty work.
So at the moment, that leaves me having to use the browser that suits the prog I want to clip to (& can't rely on that always working in the future).
And neither Ultra Recall nor OneNote work in Opera, which is my favourite browser; I am used to that, of course, so I have got used to the inconvenience.
Sometimes I just use Clipmate or Snagit & organise later.

But it all leaves me wondering whether there is a better way.

cmpm:
I have been testing this FF add-on.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/send-to-my-cloud/

Works with 4.1, don't know about other versions of FF.

Still being developed-works with some browsers, it says.
http://www.send-to-my-cloud.com/?from=firefoxplugingallery

daddydave:
Evernote using the Firefox add-on. I used to use Read it Later until I got annoyed with it crying about a page not being an article. I am trying to remember to tag Evernote clips as "unread" when I am using for the same purpose as Read it Later. You might want to look at Shareaholic too, which can clip to a customizable variety of web based services.

There's a Firefox 5 in beta already? I may have to check it out, although I hate when addons are broken.

rjbull:
Evernote works in everything except FF5-Dormouse (June 05, 2011, 07:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

Which version are you using?  Does it have the "Universal Clipper," and if so, does that work with FF5?

40hz:
I don't use the newest Firefox because last time I checked, my mainstay app Canaware NetNotes does NOT work with FF4.x.  >:(

If it ends up not being supported on FF4, I'd rather switch browsers than give it up.  :'(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version