ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

web clipping

<< < (6/9) > >>

Paul Keith:
Just a heads up that CintaNotes have released their first professional version:

License is needed to unlock the following features:

* Multiple notebook files support
    * Pasting notes into other applications
    * Export to HTML
    * Tag usage counts on Tag Sidebar

P.S. Can't believe web clipping died. I just discovered Canaware today. Didn't realize it was mentioned here by 40hz of all people.

Dormouse:
I bought RightNote in the recent/current BdJ sale. As I was using it I was wondering whether it had any edge at all over Ultra Recall, apart from more active development and a more positive vibe amongst users, and then I found that it clipped perfectly well from Opera (even if I did have to use a clipboard shortcut to do it). So, for the moment, I'm hopeful that I will be able to use it, together with Evernote, as my main clipper.  8)

rjbull:
I've found myself slightly uncomfortable with RightNote's Web clipping.  You can make a new clip with a RightNote hotkey, and add to the current clip with another, but the tree pane doesn't scroll to keep the current item in view.  That means you can't see whether everything is OK without constantly scrolling the tree.  I wanted the hotkey to make a new note, and make that the current one, with tree pane scrolled to keep it in view.

dr_andus:
I've found myself slightly uncomfortable with RightNote's Web clipping.  You can make a new clip with a RightNote hotkey, and add to the current clip with another, but the tree pane doesn't scroll to keep the current item in view.  That means you can't see whether everything is OK without constantly scrolling the tree.  I wanted the hotkey to make a new note, and make that the current one, with tree pane scrolled to keep it in view.
-rjbull (November 28, 2012, 02:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

Have you tried Surfulater? It does keep the latest clip in view. (I tried RightNote a few months ago as an alternative to Surfulater (which I've been using for many years) but I found Surfulater still superior for web clipping - I'm not commenting on RN's other features).

rjbull:
Have you tried Surfulater?-dr_andus (November 28, 2012, 03:10 PM)
--- End quote ---
No.  Thanks for reminding me.  I probably should have tried Surfulater, especially as the author has been active on DC.  But, it's quite expensive, even with a discount, and I can still use EverNote 2.2, the last desktop edition, which I paid for.  It works well but isn't developed or available since they went cloud.  I'm keeping an eye open for still-developed programs that work as conveniently.  I suppose I should try UltraRecall again, too.

[Edit at UK time 2012-11-29, 20:52:-]
Humph.  Just checked the UltraRecall Web site.  There's been a major-version upgrade, which would be $50, but few users are biting, saying there are too few new features to justify the cost.  Most still think it's a good program as-is, though.
[/Edit]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version