topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 3:25 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: AnVir Task Manager Pro 60% off Today Only  (Read 27238 times)

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
AnVir Task Manager Pro 60% off Today Only
« on: May 29, 2011, 01:38 AM »
"Today" is Sunday 29 May 2011. Count-down: 21 hrs 21 minutes

RETAIL: $49.95
60% OFF: $19.98.
Including 3 additional years of updates and priority support: $31.96

http://www.bitsdujou...ir-task-manager-pro/

AnVir Task Manager Pro PC Software with a 60% off Discount Coupon Code - Master Your Operating System!

I my opinion this is The Best task manager to replace Windows' own task manager - I even like this one better than the free Process Explorer. Updates may be rare, but I like to think that this is because it really doesn't need to be updated - at least I never have any problems with my copy. I highly recommend AnVir Pro.
 :up:

Edited:
I need to say that license is per year. Mine is for 3 years; quite cheap.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 02:30 AM by Curt »

Bionic71

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: AnVir Task Manager Pro 60% off Today Only
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2011, 03:38 AM »
Buy 3 year of maintenance & get no maintenance  :P

cthorpe

• Discount Coordinator
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • c++thorpe
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2011, 07:59 AM »
I bought a license for this program back in 2008.  I had quite a few problems with it, and I was never able to get any support at all.  At that time, their forum was full of spam posts, and emails sent to their support email address given on their site bounced back.  After about a month of trying to contact them, I gave up and uninstalled the program.

Their support and forum may be better now, but I felt I should share my experience with the company.

Disclaimer
I am not affiliated with the program(s) mentioned in my post, unless explicitly stated.  I will not receive any compensation for any sales generated by my post unless explicitly stated.  The opinions expressed are my own and do not reflect the opinions of this site or its staff unless explicitly stated.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2011, 08:04 AM »
Buy 3 year of maintenance & get no maintenance  

-yeah, that can be an issue with bug-free programs: What are you really paying for? The service of the future  or  the clever coding of the past? I think AnVir is worth the price, and I trust it will be updated for Win 8 as well.

I have a vulnerable pc, and yet I have never had any problems at all with AnVir, so I have nothing to say to Carl's comment.

jeme

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2011, 08:33 AM »
Thanks, guys, for your comments; that's always helpful. I'm subscriped to the bitsdujour notifications, too, but since the offers frequently sound more promising than what the software actually provides, it's helpful to find some comments from trusted people or websites – one more reason why I like DC. :)

Just for clarification: I got a little confused by your edit, Curt, that the license is for one year only. As far as I understand their website (http://www.anvir.com/order.htm), you can use the software without limitation and even on several machines*, it's just that upgrades and support are limited to one year by default and to four years (three additional years) at 31.96$.

Not sure though whether any server communication, which the software must be doing to discover security issues, is disabled after the support time (that's what I find so weird with some antivirus software nowadays: they do not just disable updates, but disable the full software if the subscription ends – that's really in the sense of providing protection...)

* They say in the FAQ on the order page ("Buy now"): "You're welcome to use a single license code on any computer you personally own and use". The license text during installation is a little more restrictive, limiting it to "use on one computer at a time" (as far as I remember the text; I checked it during installation, but can't find any file or help page containing the license text). However, I think that's fair (and one could argue what "use" means for an interactive software like this, anyway ;))

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2011, 09:25 AM »
-you're right, I said it very wrong: the license key is for a >time-unlimited full-featured version< - the time limit is for updates & support only.

------
FYI:

Competitive Upgrade

For clients who have already invested time and money in a competing product, AnVir Software offers a 30% competitive upgrade rebate. Just send to [email protected] a proof of ownership of a competitive product (screenshot of about page with owner name or copy of order email).

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2011, 09:02 AM »
same deal today, Thursday 17 November 2011: $20 instead of $50

http://www.bitsdujou...ir-task-manager-pro/

Task Manager Pro is a powerful utility that provides a comprehensive set of tools to put you in full control of your computer. It gives you full detailed information about every process or application that is running, and lets you easily block or change the priority of each.

Hi,

Windows 64-bit is supported.

New version will be released in this month. New registered users get 1 year free subscription to future versions of the product.
-AnVir Software support

I prefer this one over all others.

IL1keT0Donate

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2012, 12:47 PM »
Question: Does anybody know what Anvir Software Support is currently offering as the discount to renew for "3 additional years of updates and priority support for AnVir Task Manager Pro"?

In the past the discount was up to 70%. I know it was 70% OFF for a fact, because of a stuff up that was made with my purchase and Anvir Support sent me a 70% discount renewal coupon/url to use for the purchase of the program & maintenance.

However I have sent Anvir Software Support, 3 reasonably detailed emails since 1st December 2011, and, so far I have not managed to get even 1 reply from them :down:  (unless their spam detectors have blacklisted either my email address or iP address?).

Now it could be that Anvir Software Support are very very busy because of a new release that Anvir Software Support said was supposed to be released in November/December 2011, and I'll quote what Anvir Software Support wrote in reply to bitsdujour_com users questions in the last Bitsdujour_com promotion of Anvir Task Manager Pro on the 17Nov2011:

Windows 64-bit is supported.

New version will be released in this month. Registered users get 1 year free subscription to all future versions of the product."
 date of comment was: Nov 17 2011 at 8:43am

So if anybody has recently renewed their 3 years of maintenance & support I'd like to hear from you, because I really like the program  :Thmbsup: and I would like to do the right thing by them and pay for a renewal.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2012, 04:09 PM »
I think some will find it reasonable that the discount offer for a prolonged period only is available to customers who have actually paid for the program. I would.

IL1keT0Donate

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2012, 06:57 AM »
Dear Curt,

If YOU ARE UPSET WITH ME then please do me the courtesy of explaining why, in detail, because I have paid for Anvir Task Manager Pro & Maintenance subscription, so please show me where I have said or suggested that I hadn't paid for the program and for what it's worth - as your reply appears to be impuning my integrity) I haven't not* paid for software I use/own in many many years unless I obtained them legitimately through Giveawayoftheday.    

I take great umbrage at the inferred suggestion in your comment that I'm using something I have not paid for.

Please show me where - in my previous post, I have said that I'm using something that hadn't been paid for or better yet re-read what I have typed/said and then perhaps you'll swallow your words.

To Recap: Originally I paid in full but due to a processing stuff-up, THEY - Anvir Software Support, sent me a URL and told me to use the URL to repeat the purchase and - to my surprise, it just so happened that the URL I was sent from Anvir was discounted to the tune of 70%.

My maintenance period HAS NOT YET EXPIRED but is now inside a month of expiring, and so far - despite my best efforts to contact Anvir Software Support (with all of the information they request to be included when seeking to renew), I have not been contacted about PAYiNG for renewing my maintenance for a further 1 or 3 year period.

I do not believe I have done anything wrong, so the ball is in your court, Curt.

Footnote: * in case you dont understand "haven't not" is a double-negative which are commonly used where I come from and means the opposite of what is written (so in the context of my sentence above it means: I've paid for software)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 07:10 AM by IL1keT0Donate »

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2012, 08:35 AM »
hmm... I see now that I have implied you didn't pay for it. Sorry; that was not what I meant; I thought you paid -70% and now demanded to also prolong at -70%. The 70% off -discount was a "here and now"-offer, later on it is not available. Right now the price for 3 additional years is 29.95 USD. Just open you AnVir and click purchase; the link will tell the cart all it needs to know.

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2012, 10:12 AM »
I think IL1keT0Donate was just concerned that his extended service agreement was coming to an end & since he liked the software was wanting to extend that service agreement even longer....at any price. He wasn't angling for a discount at all.

Hopefully, the answer you provided him will put him back on the path of software bliss.

IL1keT0Donate

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2012, 09:56 PM »
I think IL1keT0Donate was just concerned that his extended service agreement was coming to an end & since he liked the software was wanting to extend that service agreement even longer....at any price. He wasn't angling for a discount at all.

Hopefully, the answer you provided him will put him back on the path of software bliss.

You've got it in one Innuendo.

I figured that the vendor would send out renewal notices just like many subscription services do, but, perhaps in this companies case they leave it entirely up to the buyer.

Anyway, I encourage everyone to try Anvir Task Manager Pro and hopefully the highly anticipated update which must be around the corner) will make A_TMP even better than the current v6.3.1

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2012, 01:13 AM »
AnVir TMP has always intrigued me & I've nearly bought it on numerous occasions, but their lackluster support and release consistency always made me decide against it in the end every time.

falconxp

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2012, 03:17 PM »
I am a bit disappointed by their support :down: :. They promised on Bitdujour a new release in the november 2011 timeframe so I bought a license with 3 years of support. A new version still hasn't been released and they don't give any indication when and if any new version is going to be released in the future. Bought serveral software programs on BdJ and a few also failed to deliver on their promises with new versions. Hope Anvir isn't one of them because I like the program :-\. Also placed this issue on the BdJ software page and Anvir support forum which is still full of worthless spam messages which don't relate to the program itself.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 03:31 PM by falconxp »

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2012, 04:40 PM »
I fully understand why people are disappointed with the lack of support; it is an insult to the customers. Having said that, I need to repeat that I have been running AnVir for some years now and not even once has there been a problem of any kind. But of course, having also said that, I think it is one more insult that they don't tell anything about the promised 64-bits version; "Sorry we are late" would be a welcome minimum!

falconxp

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2012, 12:51 AM »
It's not that Anvir is not running stable that we need a new version but they promised in writing that a new version was going to be released in November. I cannot help but wonder that they only made the announcement too sell more copies with the BdJ sale.

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2012, 09:40 AM »
Reminds me of the song and dance Ad Muncher users had to endure when they were waiting for a 64-bit version of that program to be released. Here's hoping all you Anvir ATM users don't have to wait *that* long!

falconxp

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2012, 11:05 AM »
Anvir 6.5 released

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2012, 04:45 PM »
-thanks.  :up:

I am a big fan of AnVir PRO, and have it placed in Start.
But changes have come to the company, and I am not excited:
Be aware of "Full installation"'s default settings during installation:

2012-02-05_233737.gif

>>Reg Organizer software product is NOT freeware. This means:

You have a non-exclusive, non-transferable right to use the shareware version
of Reg Organizer within evaluation period of 30 days.<<
-Reg Organizer LICENSE

>:(

Be aware that I know nothing about Reg Organizer; it might even be a good program. Might.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 07:57 AM by Curt, Reason: exited »

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2012, 04:16 AM »
^
wow Curt, that's appalling for a paid piece of software (50 dollars at that)
Tom

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2012, 01:47 PM »
So they use the software you paid for to foist upon your system 30-day trialware?

Not cool.

Bionic71

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2012, 01:56 PM »
Long absence & that's what they came up with.. what a joke.. what is it? rogue?  :down:

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2012, 04:13 PM »
The new and very unwanted behaviour from the company doesn't change the fact that the program AnVir Task Manager Pro in my opinion is The Best of the kind. The long absence never meant anything to me, because there was nothing to miss. Support was never needed, and the program can do everything I want it to  and then some. But of course all this may look differently from a another user's point of view. Well, now AnVir was updated.

Version 6.5 released

Postby admin » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:44 am

New:
1. Added the correct operation of the registry and files on Windows 7 64-bit.
2. Ability to terminate processes that can not be terminated via Task Manager.
3. Added support for Windows 8.

Improvements:
1. Ability to select multiple programs on the Startup tab and then run, or delete several programs.
2. Disk read and write access is shown separately under heavy load in the tray monitoring.
3. Expanded scale on the performance chart.
4. CPU temperature is displayed on the tray icon.
5. Verification of files signatures performs in the background.
Many other improvements.

Changes:
1. Dropped support for Windows 98 and Windows 2000.
2. Traffic monitoring is not on automatically at startup.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
AnVir Pro 60% off Today Only
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2013, 02:46 AM »
Same deal today, Saturday 16 Febr 2013 - now at version 7.5
and it still comes with my recommendation :-)

http://www.bitsdujou...vir-task-manager-pro

edit:
There was no "would-you-like-to-also-trial-this-or-that-program?" included.  :up:
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 02:53 AM by Curt »